Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Hi all

We are heading off in a couple of weeks time to motorhome in the most northerly part of Britain that you can possible get to, Shetland! Really looking forward to it and especially being able to enjoy some legitimate Wild Camping!

Have just about everything covered, I think...likely to be spoilt for choice as far as wild camp locations are concerned, but that said, if anyone has any previous experience of Shetland, tips, nice locations to park up etc thenwe would love to hear from you.

Dave and Ginny

Angus dog

Free Member
May 9, 2013
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all

We are heading off in a couple of weeks time to motorhome in the most northerly part of Britain that you can possible get to, Shetland! Really looking forward to it and especially being able to enjoy some legitimate Wild Camping!

Have just about everything covered, I think...likely to be spoilt for choice as far as wild camp locations are concerned, but that said, if anyone has any previous experience of Shetland, tips, nice locations to park up etc thenwe would love to hear from you.

Dave and Ginny

Check out a post by Greylynn on 27/06/2010
We are considering Orkney this year
Good luck

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Let us know what you need to know! :thumb:

Cheers...couple of things, I have gaslow and calor lite, I'm asuming the gaslow might be scarce but what about calor? Is booking on the inter-island ferries necessary (suggested on older posts) as this can tie you down a bit? Cheers Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Cheers...couple of things, I have gaslow and calor lite, I'm asuming the gaslow might be scarce but what about calor? Is booking on the inter-island ferries necessary (suggested on older posts) as this can tie you down a bit? Cheers Dave

Hi Dave, there is a local business who are the calor dealers

Broken Link Removed

So far as booking on the inter-island ferries, I would say yes if you can. We have some ongoing disputes up here at the mo and some ferries are being cancelled and diverted. When are you thinking of coming?

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Hi Dave, there is a local business who are the calor dealers

Broken Link Removed

So far as booking on the inter-island ferries, I would say yes if you can. We have some ongoing disputes up here at the mo and some ferries are being cancelled and diverted. When are you thinking of coming?

We arrive in Lerwick on 4th July and make our way to Unst in time for the Uyeasound Regatta and the start of Unstfest week. That is all we have planned at the moment, we have no return booked to Aberdeen and intend just staying as long as we feel an meandering about at will and as the mood takes us!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back