Hi all hobby 750 advice please (1 Viewer)

The plumber

Free Member
Jun 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi,We have just took the plunge & upgraded our trailer tent for a 1999 hobby 750!!! Please don't laugh : )

Checked everything before we bought it & all ok,
Drove lovely from Telford to South Wales it wasn't the beast I thought it would be!
But!!! Since we got back none of the electrics work lighting etc!?
Looked at the power unit under the passenger seat(it's Lhd) & the light isn't on, also can't seem to get the fuses out to check on the control panel above the door, the manual is in German so doesn't really help.
Any advice would be great as the wife thinks I've bought a lemon!
I've checked the trip switch

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
dont know much about hobbys but here some things to start with untill somebody more knolwageable comes along;

are you hooked up to mains electric or working off off 12v

if mains check the leads in correctly, check thers powere to end of lead,

if 12v you will need to switch the 12v power on somewhere

dont panic start at one end ie plug and work your way through to finding the fault.:thumb:

worst case sinario and you have a lemon, buy some gin:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

The plumber

Free Member
Jun 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
dont know much about hobbys but here some things to start with untill somebody more knolwageable comes along;

are you hooked up to mains electric or working off off 12v

if mains check the leads in correctly, check thers powere to end of lead,

if 12v you will need to switch the 12v power on somewhere

dont panic start at one end ie plug and work your way through to finding the fault.:thumb:

worst case sinario and you have a lemon, buy some gin:ROFLMAO:
Definitely feel like hitting the bottle! LolI've tried mains hook up & 12v but nothing working
:cry:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Our Hobby has two switches - near the door. Power switch and below the lighting switch, then switches for individual lights

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
On our 1999 750 under passenger seat ( is lhd) the battery charging unit . There is a 3 amp circuit breaker ( it is not a fuse) which may have tripped so you have to press it down to reset if it has tripped. Below this is a red switch which should be pressed in at the top for the on position. If you have mains power connected then this should light up.

The panel above the door with the dials . The 4 left hand are circuit breakers not fuses. To the right of these are 7 switches which should all be pushed in at the bottom which switches them on. To the immediate right of these is a test switch which is spring loaded so has to be held in on position to read the dials . Tank contents and battery voltage .

Remember as you come in the door there is a main light switch on the left. Sometimes it gets knocked by accident.

Any other questions get back to me . :thumb:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Sounds like Spitfire is your guardian angel. :thumb:

I've got a Hobby 750 but a later model so layout of wiring, switches, etc rather different. Hope everything's soon up and running. :Smile:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Hi,We have just took the plunge & upgraded our trailer tent for a 1999 hobby 750!!! Please don't laugh : )

Checked everything before we bought it & all ok,
Drove lovely from Telford to South Wales it wasn't the beast I thought it would be!
But!!! Since we got back none of the electrics work lighting etc!?
Looked at the power unit under the passenger seat(it's Lhd) & the light isn't on, also can't seem to get the fuses out to check on the control panel above the door, the manual is in German so doesn't really help.
Any advice would be great as the wife thinks I've bought a lemon!
I've checked the trip switch

Have we got leccie now ???? :thumb:

OP
OP
T

The plumber

Free Member
Jun 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
The curiosity is killing me :ROFLMAO: do we have the electric working on our Hobby ??? I saw you said thanks but not sure if that was for the advice or it is actually working now ::bigsmile:

Sorry for the late reply been really busy with work,
Your advice is greatly appreciated,
Checked the unit underneath the passenger seat & the 3 amp breaker is missing cant find it anywhere!? So annoyed!
Does anyone know where I could get a replacement 3amp breaker?

Thanks again

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Sorry for the late reply been really busy with work,
Your advice is greatly appreciated,
Checked the unit underneath the passenger seat & the 3 amp breaker is missing cant find it anywhere!? So annoyed!
Does anyone know where I could get a replacement 3amp breaker?

Thanks again

We have got replacement breakers from Cramer. Will look to see if we have any paperwork still but was many years ago. I would think a motorhome dealer might be able to help. Is there a space where it should be ??

If you search on the Internet for Potter & Brumfield circuit breakers you should find a page for T E Connectivity. Look for thermal circuit breakers and that should be what you want.

Also on EBay if you search ' circuit breakers ' you may find them too

Last edited:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi The plumber!

Just reading all these posts, it can be so frustrating when you can't get something to work out on a van:Sad: But as you will see there are a lot of really knowledgeable people on here.........hope you are soon sorted out:thumb:

Bill

OP
OP
T

The plumber

Free Member
Jun 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
The curiosity is killing me :ROFLMAO: do we have the electric working on our Hobby ??? I saw you said thanks but not sure if that was for the advice or it is actually working now ::bigsmile:

Hi,
Finally got my electrics sorted by my local auto electrician,
Ordered the 3amp circuit breaker from ebay but still didn't work,
He found somebody had used a connector block which had been
Poorly installed & had melted!!! He said it was lucky it hadn't set on fire!
He checked through the charging system & found the leisure battery wasn't holding charge so I replaced it with a 110amp battery(£80)
Now everything is working fine! Chuffed! (He charged me £55 to diagnose & fix)
A big thank you for your advice : )

Off subject I had the cambelt kit & a service done by my pal as the service history was a bit sketchy & he found the idler tensioner bracket for the cambelt had a crack in it! Lucky it didn't break!
Apparently it's a common fault & the new bracket is a lot thicker.
Just thought I better let people know about this issue.

Again many thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back