Jobs safe at Brownhills Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

News

NewsHound
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
Jobs safe at Brownhills Motorhomes
Canterbury News
Link RemovedLink Removed
Jobs are secure at Brownhills Motorhomes Limited following a £46 million management buyout.

The firm, which runs a branch at Howfield Lane in Chartham, sealed a deal this week which will see all 365 jobs safe; the company also says it’s good news for customers too.

A Brownhills spokesperson explained: “The faceless enterprise syndrome has been eliminated as the Brownhills’ management team now has ownership of the company. We will be focusing heavily on ensuring Brownhills’ customers receive the best possible service.

“Working closely with business advisors Kroll and our existing funders we have agreed a comprehensive and robust three year business plan. This plan focuses on core activities such as retail market penetration, growth in aftersales revenues and the expansion of Brownhills’ service departments.”

The firm has promised to honour all previous warranties and deposits already paid on vehicles.

Despite discontinuing arrangements with six manufacturers Brownhills still represents 17 manufacturers with a spread of marques across the breadth of motorhome offerings from the UK, Europe and the US.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We will be focusing heavily on ensuring Brownhills’ customers receive the best possible service.

The only way is up. Make or break time now, lets hope they get it right.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
They need to.

A local source told me they drove existing stock out the other day at Newark.:Eeek:

They have bridges to build.

Anyone else heard this or know of any more developments?

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
They need to.

A local source told me they drove existing stock out the other day at Newark.:Eeek:

They have bridges to build.

Anyone else heard this or know of any more developments?

Yes the have appointed Arfur as managing director

carpediem

Free Member
Apr 29, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
31 years
Brownhills desrves a place in the Motorhome Market

Having been a customer of Brownhills for 18 years I would personally be sad to see such a prominent name disappear from our choice of dealers. In my opinion they have spearheaded the growth in motorhome ownership in the UK and it has been their success that has dogged them these past few years.
My experience up to 2004 (the last time I changed vehicles) was of competitive deals (yes I did shop around) although any subsequent aftersale (warranty) problems were difficult to say the least, but with much patience, solvable.
Depending upon your choice of motorhome depends the extent of how much you are likely to need aftersales/warranty services. So, if you choose a marque with known poor build or poor quality control you can expect to have your problems compounded by a high volume seller unless they are fully geared up and have the absolute backing of the manufacturer whose fault it was in the first place.
Yes, I am strongly hinting that some of the manufacturers are letting the side down. Perhaps Brownhills should be more choosey about what they sell ?
Long live Brownhills and Good Luck to the Buyout Team - please get it right, control your overheads and stay competitive and the friendliest dealer in the UK.
I have no connection with Brownhills other than being a satisfied (previously very satisfied) customer.

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Brownhills

As far as I'm concerned they deserve to go under. They don't have a clue about how to treat customers. Once they sell you the motorhome and get your money that's all they are interested in. Perhaps the first thing the new team should do is close the place and have a few weeks training many of the staff on how to speak to customers and treat them with respect.

I purchased my last motorhome from them and it ill be the last.:Angry:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If there is a good time to buy from Brownhills this has got to be it. The new management seem to be bristling and saying that they want to get the after care and customer service exactly right. But who wants to risk their hard earned! I certainly wouldn't put my money where my mouth is just yet, lets see if they live up to their promises.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If there is a good time to buy from Brownhills this has got to be it. The new management seem to be bristling and saying that they want to get the after care and customer service exactly right. But who wants to risk their hard earned! I certainly wouldn't put my money where my mouth is just yet, lets see if they live up to their promises.

We don't give promises, we just carry on in our old fashioned ways from way back, they seem to work and people come back happy.

Peter

M

Michelle D

Deleted User
Association.

I stayed at the overnight facility in Newark, I could not believe how customers of Brownhills were blaming the service department for failing to keep promises made by the salesman. You people dont understand the business. The manufacturers compile the warranty cover and if its not covered get over it or write to them. What you do understand is how to recondition your vehicles using parts from the display vans and bragging about it. It has taken me a few months to put comments on the forum as I rearly dont want to be associated with certain assassins. :Angry:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I stayed at the overnight facility in Newark, I could not believe how customers of Brownhills were blaming the service department for failing to keep promises made by the salesman. You people dont understand the business. The manufacturers compile the warranty cover and if its not covered get over it or write to them. What you do understand is how to recondition your vehicles using parts from the display vans and bragging about it. It has taken me a few months to put comments on the forum as I rearly dont want to be associated with certain assassins. :Angry:

Got that off your chest dear? You'll feel much better now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
All Wrong

Canterbury News
Link RemovedLink Removed
Jobs are secure at Brownhills Motorhomes Limited following a £46 million management buyout.

The firm, which runs a branch at Howfield Lane in Chartham, sealed a deal this week which will see all 365 jobs safe; the company also says it’s good news for customers too.

A Brownhills spokesperson explained: “The faceless enterprise syndrome has been eliminated as the Brownhills’ management team now has ownership of the company. We will be focusing heavily on ensuring Brownhills’ customers receive the best possible service.

“Working closely with business advisors Kroll and our existing funders we have agreed a comprehensive and robust three year business plan. This plan focuses on core activities such as retail market penetration, growth in aftersales revenues and the expansion of Brownhills’ service departments.”

The firm has promised to honour all previous warranties and deposits already paid on vehicles.

Despite discontinuing arrangements with six manufacturers Brownhills still represents 17 manufacturers with a spread of marques across the breadth of motorhome offerings from the UK, Europe and the US.

All to often large companies just go bust to clear the debt. After 40 years in business we had lean times but self respect made sure everyone was paid and customer service was paramount. It is far to easy for these companies to go under and start off again the next day, in a lot of cases they take smaller suppliers with them. Over the years we actually carried out work for the new companies before the old business went bust which means it is nearly always planned. In the case of Brownhills surely if the management couldn't manage the first time what is the difference second time round. It takes more than a few promises or inject change to regain customer confidence.
It will be a year of many dealers along with manufacturers going bust as the climate is dictating bad sales. I don't like to see anyone go to the wall but some deserve to be out of business.

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
i agree with jack the rev,they didnt honour my warrantee on my rv and they made sure of it messing about for three months.the managment were and still are by the sounds of things the most arrogant b----rds under the sun.i for one will convey my message of bad tideings to all .a very unhappy ex customer MUZ

F

fletchsg

Deleted User
warrenties

hi muz

i'am taking my motorhome in for inspection at brownhills newark in the next few weeks for damp this is the second time according to them, the records of my last visit have disappeared since the buy out.I hope this don't happen i will keep you posted.:Smile:

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
warrantee

hi fletchsg.ask for a copy worksheet and keep it safe then you keep record,how come its damp?how new is your mh? I would be asking about long term problems and how its going to afect the mh in the future.I will keep everything crossed for you.MUZ

W

Wilbury

Deleted User
Canterbury News
Link RemovedLink Removed

Hi,

Could someone please say which companies Brownhills still have and which they have lost.

Wilbury

F

fletchsg

Deleted User
hi muz
yes i will ask for and keep all the paperwork concerning my van,my mh is a swift suntor 590rl yr 2003
cheers
fletch

P

PatM

Deleted User
Bownhills!!! again!!

:Angry:I wish the lot at Canterbury whats coming to them- all of them- We brought our M/Home from them in 2006 and the problems we faced for 18 months afterwards were shocking- we had to deal with Swift diretly and even then, when replacemnt windows were supplied as a concession- Brownhills chrged to fit them- the whole issue became a battle of wits and we were the loosers as we shelled out 32k on something that should have been perfect- but wasnt- and there was no enthusiasm to right the wrongs. I could go on and on and bore the pants off you all- but we had - body damage, sun-fade, water leaks, and window-seals torn or draughty- I wouldnt mind, but it was BN

The folks at Brownhills Canterbury need a lesson in customer service- as I quuted to Mrssrs Cole and Court- oh, and Santos when he was there- 'If it was yours, would you accept it????'

No- they all want the accolades and their cars/holidys/salaries but with service such as we recieved- these luxuries will be short-lived!

Rgds

PatM
Swift Suntor 590RS

MOB2

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Bletchley, Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Two and half years
Brownhills Website!

Hi,

Has anyone heard anything recently about Brownhills? I am currently in dispute with them and I needed some info from their website, but I cant get through to it. They did remove some parts of it after the Management buy out, but it's a bit worrying that it's gone all together now?

Are they still open for business?

Cheers

MOB2

itexuk

Free Member
Apr 3, 2008
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat x250
Exp

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
We walked away from Brownhills 2 weeks ago with our 5 figured sum remaining in our back pocket. We started out with a sweet young salesman who really listened to what we wanted and he pointed us in the direction of 2 we were seriously considering. Then this ***** salesman came along, talked over us, didn't listen to one single requirement and even told us two things we KNEW were totally untrue. As I say, we walked away and bought our MH in Sussex the next day, my husband is the mildest mannered person on the planet, but he was about to swing for this irritating idiot salesman at Brownhills.

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Used to wonder how they ever managed to sell anything when you enter the gates at Newark and half a dozen Salesmen are stood there in a group looking people up and down then having a laugh at no doubt some other persons expense. Really sets a good image, I do not think.:Angry:

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
Certainly from our experience a couple of weeks ago, they ought to train one member in particular of thier staff that 'a successful sale means spending two thirds of the time listening to the customer' especially with something as individual and with as many permentations as a MH. When we asked if he knew of any Caravaning/motorhoming exhibitions we could go to, he just interupted before we had even finished the sentence and said 'you don't want to go to them - load of rubbish' - well we now know where a load of rubbish advice is given in Kent!

hossandtheboss

Free Member
Jul 9, 2009
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
6 years
False hope

What a pity your dream hasn't come true. They certainly haven't got it right, not sure about overheads but definitely the unfriendliest dealer in the UK. Don't dare to have a legitimate complaint - you just get blacklisted. Arrogant in the extreme the CEO has ignored a letter of complaint about how the original complaint , using their extremely customer unfriendly website, was handled. Thank goodness Neismann and Bischoff have taken away the franchise and we never have to visit again!!
Having been a customer of Brownhills for 18 years I would personally be sad to see such a prominent name disappear from our choice of dealers. In my opinion they have spearheaded the growth in motorhome ownership in the UK and it has been their success that has dogged them these past few years.
My experience up to 2004 (the last time I changed vehicles) was of competitive deals (yes I did shop around) although any subsequent aftersale (warranty) problems were difficult to say the least, but with much patience, solvable.
Depending upon your choice of motorhome depends the extent of how much you are likely to need aftersales/warranty services. So, if you choose a marque with known poor build or poor quality control you can expect to have your problems compounded by a high volume seller unless they are fully geared up and have the absolute backing of the manufacturer whose fault it was in the first place.
Yes, I am strongly hinting that some of the manufacturers are letting the side down. Perhaps Brownhills should be more choosey about what they sell ?
Long live Brownhills and Good Luck to the Buyout Team - please get it right, control your overheads and stay competitive and the friendliest dealer in the UK.
I have no connection with Brownhills other than being a satisfied (previously very satisfied) customer.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
What a pity your dream hasn't come true. They certainly haven't got it right, not sure about overheads but definitely the unfriendliest dealer in the UK. Don't dare to have a legitimate complaint - you just get blacklisted. Arrogant in the extreme the CEO has ignored a letter of complaint about how the original complaint , using their extremely customer unfriendly website, was handled. Thank goodness Neismann and Bischoff have taken away the franchise and we never have to visit again!!

hi and welcome to the FUN.

as a newbie you arent really expected to be aware of the few rules we have and this is in no way intended to put you off posting and is not a personal attack on you but please read this from the BOSS.

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back