Free Member
Jun 13, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Hi - Been into campers a long time - Dad started with a Bedford Dormobile when I was about 10, followed by a series of old VWs.

Married with two teenage sons and started off (predictably!) with a VW nearly 20 years ago, when we finally had enough of trying to cope with two toddlers in a little tent in the pouring rain! Only on our second van, but try to keep it well maintained.

Last years trip was to Southern Hungary and planning a return visit this year :Smile:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, Nick welcome from a fellow Lancastrian,
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Apocalypse

Free Member
Jun 11, 2013
Halesowen, West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato hi-line
Exp
weweweweweedsweeee, got it, sorry dropped some food in my keyboard as I was typing :Blush:
welcome from 1 Newbie to another :thumb:
- Wayne

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hi, Nick welcome from a fellow Lancastrian,

I had no idea we had a Keawyed on the forum, I was originally from Daisy Hill

Hi Nick and welcome to the best forum around

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MissusT

Free Member
Jun 5, 2013
Oswaldtwistle
Funster No
MH
swift 686
Exp
Hi - Been into campers a long time - Dad started with a Bedford Dormobile when I was about 10, followed by a series of old VWs.

Married with two teenage sons and started off (predictably!) with a VW nearly 20 years ago, when we finally had enough of trying to cope with two toddlers in a little tent in the pouring rain! Only on our second van, but try to keep it well maintained.

Last years trip was to Southern Hungary and planning a return visit this year :Smile:

Hi we from lancashire too :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Nick, welcome to the Fun :thumb:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Nick and welcome to the Fun from a finally very hot and sunny Spain where the Summer began about 4 days ago!

:flyingwelcome:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Nick and welcome to fun, we will be heading in roughly the same direction this summer as we are heading to Slovenia.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Hi Nick welcome to Fun, how did you get on with the motorhome in Hungary, was it motorhome friendly and what was the costs compared with France & Spain. :welcomefunster:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I had no idea we had a Keawyed on the forum, I was originally from Daisy Hill

Hi Nick and welcome to the best forum around

Alan

Hi, Alan, from Bolton originally but ended up here 5 yrs ago, getting itchy feet again........

OP
OP
N

NickW

Free Member
Jun 13, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Thanks everyone

Thanks for the very warm welcome - & the book suggestions Jim!

We usually head for the South of France, but always wanted to go to Hungary as my wife's father was from there - a joint trip was always talked about but two years ago we lost him and vowed to do it last year - with a bit of research all went very well - very friendly people - driving can be a bit manic, especially when we accidentally ended up in the middles of Pest in the rush hour :Eeek: but though cars were coming from all directions it was all very good tempered, with no angry horns or gestures - they treated us as a bit of an inconvenience to be passed as quickly as possible - but as soon as we indicated at any turn it seemed a space immediately opened up and we were allowed across lanes and on our way! - Price wise it reminded us of going France 25 years ago when things were actually cheaper and even in the center of the capital city meals, ice creams and drinks were all still cheap - no ripping the tourist off with crazy prices like everywhere else! Shopping was easy - there are Tescos everywhere- all open 24/7 - literally! We found a great site just outside Budapest - pool and wifi + superb clean facilities & bus stop into the city two minutes walk away and return fare just over ÂŁ1. Further in (Pecs) campsite was a bit more basic, but very clean and everything we needed and all sites were a fraction of the prices we have to pay in the South of France!

Got to try & sort out a new leisure battery tomorrow & try to set up membership of ADAC!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back