motorhomesforsale web site ??? (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It seems the scammers have picked on Nemo !

he has just had a fone call from a lady to say his van, same pictures etc etc is on a site called motorhomesforsale ( ?? )

When she rang the advertiser they said they are in Sweden ( somewhere new at least ! )

Anyone know of the site at all ?

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
It seems the scammers have picked on Nemo !

he has just had a fone call from a lady to say his van, same pictures etc etc is on a site called motorhomesforsale ( ?? )

When she rang the advertiser they said they are in Sweden ( somewhere new at least ! )

Anyone know of the site at all ?

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yessssssss.. found that one but it is not on there.. ( that I could find ) ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ahh !! Found it !! and duly reported it :thumb: Cheers Shiffffffyyyy !!:winky::thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And the fone number of the scammer is 07689906438

One to watch out for in future scam spotting activities :winky:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
It would be terrible if now that number is posted people rung the number at all hours of the day and night the poor person just does not deserve that:ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
It would be terrible if now that number is posted people rung the number at all hours of the day and night the poor person just does not deserve that:ROFLMAO:

he's not in :winky:

Ill try again later, maybe Midnightish

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Might be nice to arrange a mmeting in Deepest Darkest Naarfook
at Night near Thetford.:winky:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
looks like a "virgin" number, not been used before... any more info

No mate.. as said, someone rang it and the person did the usual.. We are away but if you pay a deposit blah blah blah

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And the bloody site still hasn't removed it..

perhaps a few more folk could report it ?

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
And the fone number of the scammer is 07689906438

One to watch out for in future scam spotting activities :winky:

And the bloody site still hasn't removed it..

perhaps a few more folk could report it ?

HOPE this has been reported to the police

Got no time for scammers

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have sent them an email report "explaining things" and telling them the owner is a little bit angry:Angry:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
HOPE this has been reported to the police

Got no time for scammers

The police are a waste of space.
Unless you can give them the name address. Age DOB and any distinguishing marks they are not interested in scams on line
I reported one on eBay. I was not removed and police not interested
The seller wanted a wire transfer. Before sight seen
Crazy. I walked away

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have now mailed them again.. This time saying that as they have been aware this a deliberate attempt to con people and they are aware of it, I can only presume they, the site owners, are complicit in the scam and will be reporting the whole matter to the police

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
No mate.. as said, someone rang it and the person did the usual.. We are away but if you pay a deposit blah blah blah

John

Virgin as in I can't find any reference to it anywhere else.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yes.. I did get that bit !! :ROFLMAO:

What is interesting and making me VERY sussy is that folk have tried to ring the number and it has been turned off.. Now the ONLY folk who new about the scammers were:

The scammer
The web site admin ( )
And those on here..

Yes, I spose the scammer might be monitoring this forum but that does seem unlikely ?

And I reckon we can eliminate Fun members, so that does only leave the site ( ) admin in on the scam

UKMotorhomes

Free Member
Mar 6, 2011
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
4x4 camper truck
Exp
More than 30!
I run a motorhomes for sale site and also get this kind of thing. So far it's usually been quite obvious that the ads are fraudulent, due to the stupidly low asking prices. I normally take the ads down within a few hours.

I can check the IP addresses that ad submitters are using, usually they are from eastern Europe or the far east, although the most recent ones have used UK IPs.

There's no excuse for a website still having this type of fraudulent ad in place for days.

Andy

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And its still on there now.. I am really starting to believe the owners of the site are directly involved with the scam now

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have sent another email asking why they have not removed the ad and telling them the owners are considering contacting the police if the ad stays

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
What a crock of **** reply

Thank you for the email you sent in response to advert reference 615026. Once the email has been checked, it will be forwarded to the advertiser.

For your records, the details of the advert you have responded to are:-

The body is in excellent condition and the interior virtually unmarked. All of the upholstery is in excellent condition too, but then, it has only done 40,000 miles from new ! It is very roomy, light and airy with plenty of room for a family on a rainy day... It has gas and full electric heating which can be used in blown warm air mode, central heater mode or both. The fridge is the usual three way unit with partitioned freezer ( which works very well indeed ) The cooker is a four burner hob type with a decent sized usable oven under it, plus a grill too. The wet room and toilet is roomy and partitioned off is a dressing area with large wardrobe and drawer space. This makes it ideal as a dressing room There are high level cupboards all round the inside as well as a drinks cabinet ( essential ! ), plus more cupboard space under both work tops As well as the usual work space on top of the cooker/sink unit there is also a large work area opposite for food preparation The seating layout is the best of both worlds. On one side the dinette area with two captains chairs, and on the other a comfortable three seater settee which is also a rock and roll type double bed which complements the spacious over cab double bed area. There are four seat belts fitted plus of course the sideways bench seat which does not require seat belts to be fitted, so lots of options for travelling Hot water is supplied via a Carver duo boiler which works on either gas or electric. The van is fully winterised and is warm even in the harshest of conditions. It has a 120 litre inboard water tank and matching capacity grey water tank Naturally it has a fully self contained Thetford toilet with seperate water tank for flushing. There is a 110 amp hour leisure battery fitted, and the charging circuit has been brought up to later spec so once the leisure battery reaches full charge it automatically switches over and charges the cab battery ( B2B system ) Extra large outside locker to store your essentials All of this means the motorhome is just as able whether you prefer wild camping or like to use camp sites All ORIGINAL instructions and documents are with the van Extras On the roof there are two large capacity top boxes Omnistore 4.5 mtr wind out awning Matching extremely high quality safari room Tow bar Bike rack Wind down stabilisers LED type awning light 240v extension lead fitted in gas locker Places for two gas bottles Security Certified immobiliser ( with paperwork ) External security bar on the habitation door Extras we will be leaving with the van There is a reversing camera fitted Internal silver screens Lights have been replaced with LED types Two gas bottles Hook up lead levelling ramps

For Your Information

You need to be very careful when dealing with people you have never met. Here at Caravansforsale.co.uk we take the safety of our user's very seriously and we do everything we can to keep scammers off the site. With that in mind please remember the following:
Never send money to people you've never met
Never pay for an item that you have never seen in person
Avoid sellers that try to direct you through eBay or Western Union
If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is
Remember to exercise common sense
© 2013 MicrosoftTermsPrivacy & cookiesDevelopersEnglish (United Kingdom)
© 2013 MicrosoftTermsPrivacy & cookiesDevelopersEnglish (United Kingdom)

away4weekend

Free Member
Nov 4, 2012
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hightop
Exp
I'm a newbie
Another scammer

I was nearly taken in recently whilst looking for a coachbuilt motorhome to replace my van conversion. The ad was for a Sundance, seller in Eastbourne (later it appeared in Leeds). The price a few weeks ago was about £10K, which was suddenly reduced to £3095 (I should have smelled a rat then) with a very impressive sales pitch.
I e-mailed the 'vendor' who told me that he was undergoing military training in the Isle of Man prior to deployment in Mali. He was supposedly unable to leave the training camp or make phone calls, but he offered to deliver the vehicle to my address on confirmation of funds placed in 'Google Wallet'. There was to be a period of 'approval' before my payment transferred to his bank account. It seemed too good to be true so I pasted some of his blurb into google and was directed to a website called Scamwatch.com.

I discovered that he (or she) had tried this few times with slight changes in the wording : training in Scotland before deployment in Afghanistan etc etc .
I reported this on the Adtrader website and the listing was removed.
Be VERY careful with seemingly attractive offers. As another member has already said: If it seems too good to be true, IT IS! I suspect there are several more such offers so BEWARE. Names used so far have included Ralph Herbort and David Budds.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Either the people running the site are incredibly stupid or in on it

Police def interested when they found out the site had failed to remove the advert..

Basically colluding to defraud or some such was mentioned

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have reported it twice in 24 hours

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And STILL it is on there !!!!!!

Given this info I would urge one and all to pass on the word to one and all about

Quite obviously it is NOT a site that should be used to either buy or sell a MH or snail as it appears to me to be as bent as a 9 bob note !!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Quick update..
As a matter of interest I did a search on the site for vans up to a maximum of £6000

Its full of them 2007 Compass, etc etc ( this one was £3999 !!!! )

They are obviously right at it :Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back