Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The server went down at around 1635. Sorry if you had trouble getting on the forums. We have no idea why and are investigating. Hopefully we won't lose you again. :Smile:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Jim,
did it not have a 'wobbly' about 10 - 15 minutes ago? Lost it and when tried logging back in 'server not responding' came up.

Seems OK now though.

Regards,

Trikeman.:winky:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim,
did it not have a 'wobbly' about 10 - 15 minutes ago? Lost it and when tried logging back in 'server not responding' came up.

Seems OK now though.

Regards,

Trikeman.:winky:

Yes it was only back on line 10/15 minutes ago, you'd have got not responding or 'can't find it' errors

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Strange, my web sites (and others on the shared server) went down last night, due to a "technical glitch". The hosting company soon had everything back on line though.

There isn't somebody playing silly beggars ahead of the G8 or something is there?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Strange, my web sites (and others on the shared server) went down last night, due to a "technical glitch". The hosting company soon had everything back on line though.

There isn't somebody playing silly beggars ahead of the G8 or something is there?

Grommet is checking our server logs now, so may have an idea why soon. Certainly the people who host our server have no idea what caused it to fall over.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Can you see if chat can be fixed while your at it Jim?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Our 'super fast' Internet in work has been super crap all day.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
?

Attachments

• prism.jpg
    prism.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 27

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Aaarrgghh! And here was I blaming this new laptop:Doh:

On the subject of the forum........everytime I log on, I have noticed the banner ads that come up reflect what I have been looking at during the day, spooky:Eeek:
I better be careful about which websites I visit from now on.............::bigsmile:
big brother, eh?
Margaret

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Aaarrgghh! And here was I blaming this new laptop:Doh:

On the subject of the forum........everytime I log on, I have noticed the banner ads that come up reflect what I have been looking at during the day, spooky:Eeek:
I better be careful about which websites I visit from now on.............::bigsmile:
big brother, eh?
Margaret

Attachments

• Cookie_Monster.jpg
    Cookie_Monster.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 8

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Chatroom still down as well

Chatroom still down as well, says it all really.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

We couldn't get into MHF late on last night either..........I didn't get my usual late night fix of Bejewelled:Sad:
Margaret

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
It`s all a big brother/GCHQ item.
They have latched on to the posts on here about how to run the country, how so and so should be booted out ,ect.
They are now logged in and learning from old ,wiser members here:thumb:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Jim,
could be a little truth in what people are saying.

I have just been contacted and it appears (though we did have issues in one office this morning) that most, if not all servers across our company (offices dotted all over UK) are experiencing 'issues'. Our IT bods are on the case now - I'm unable to engage any email accounts at the moment, both company or private - all coming up with some sort of server error messages. Coincidence?

This is getting a little strange :Angry:

Food for investigation - French Air Traffic Control???? G8???? The Prism??

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Jim,
could be a little truth in what people are saying.

I have just been contacted and it appears (though we did have issues in one office this morning) that most, if not all servers across our company (offices dotted all over UK) are experiencing 'issues'. Our IT bods are on the case now - I'm unable to engage any email accounts at the moment, both company or private - all coming up with some sort of server error messages. Coincidence?

This is getting a little strange :Angry:

Food for investigation - French Air Traffic Control???? G8???? The Prism??

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

If your servers are running linux it may be worth checking that you have the updated kernel. There was a bug found that could escalate local user to root privileges.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I see chat is down altogether now, black page with circle thingy going round and round

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We've had a few odd goings on with e-mails today as well as yesterday. I got one timed at 0423 am this morning and thought I would check with the person it appeared to come from. Here was her reply sent this evening:-

"nice to hear from you, no the email was not sent by me, i couldn,t get into my computer this afternoon, BT said they had noticed suspicious activity and i had to change passwords etc, someone hacked into my account, i had 57 emails returned to me as they were no longer email addresses, and the rest of the emails were sent to people who still had their email address like you, family etc. my sister deleted the one sent to her, she said i know there was no way i had sent it to her,as it was 4.23am, i don,t know what they emails have said, i wouldn,t chance clicking on any links or opening anything. but hopefully it won,t happen again, my sister got a couple a few weeks ago, and she had just bought a brand new computer and set up her email address"
The strange thing was, that the e-mail that "appeared" to have originated from this lady (at 0423am) this morning, also had some of my family members old e-mail addresses on it......
Margaret

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
We've had a few odd goings on with e-mails today as well as yesterday. I got one timed at 0423 am this morning and thought I would check with the person it appeared to come from. Here was her reply sent this evening:-

"nice to hear from you, no the email was not sent by me, i couldn,t get into my computer this afternoon, BT said they had noticed suspicious activity and i had to change passwords etc, someone hacked into my account, i had 57 emails returned to me as they were no longer email addresses, and the rest of the emails were sent to people who still had their email address like you, family etc. my sister deleted the one sent to her, she said i know there was no way i had sent it to her,as it was 4.23am, i don,t know what they emails have said, i wouldn,t chance clicking on any links or opening anything. but hopefully it won,t happen again, my sister got a couple a few weeks ago, and she had just bought a brand new computer and set up her email address"
The strange thing was, that the e-mail that "appeared" to have originated from this lady (at 0423am) this morning, also had some of my family members old e-mail addresses on it......
Margaret

From what I understand BT use yahoo for their emails. BT are not happy due to security issues and are moving to another company imminently.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...T-dumps-Yahoo-email-after-hacking-claims.html

Once the hackers access the yahoo system they have access to the victims address book plus the email address of anyone who has ever sent an email to/from them...

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
From what I understand BT use yahoo for their emails. BT are not happy due to security issues and are moving to another company imminently.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...T-dumps-Yahoo-email-after-hacking-claims.html

[HI]Once the hackers access the yahoo system they have access to the victims address book plus the email address of anyone who has ever sent an email to/from them[/HI]...

Also ,after they gained access to sue`s yahoo account ,they discovered a password for Sainsburys online shopping-- we found a huge order placed under a changed delivery address, the order was blocked by Natwest security pin page.

I am now into pc security:Eeek: even more now, i found a free program ( Zone alarm) http://www.zonealarm.co.uk/ this tells me everything that is going in and out of the pc and learns my response.
I found with Microsoft essentials and Norton that i was not sure if it was doing anything.
With this it informs me if anything is allowed in or out:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back