May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
I have the large cadac BBq.
The gas keeps blowing out for no aparant reason, even when there is a slight breeze.
I am confident my gas pressure and supply are OK.
Can anyone shed light or offer help.

Thanks
Malc

Deleted User
I posted on this problem yesterday. I have read the booklet that came with my cadac and it states it should be used with a 37mbar regulator if using propane. I have been using mine via my external gas point but the regulator fitted in van is 30mbar. I have fitted a 37mbar reg and will try it with a gas bottle. If mine still blows out I will chuck it.

spongy

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Have you checked the fire tube (or whatever it's called)? We have both mini and larger Cadacs. The latter stays at home now and we use it in the garden from a Calor butane bottle. Last year we took it our daughter's house to use for the first time in a few years and the flame was weak - dinner took ages to cook! Upon dismantling the unit I found a spider's web / egg ball in the tube between the gas pipe attachment point and the burner (underneath the blue metal body of the Cadac). Once cleared, all returned to normal.
It might be worth a look.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Have you checked the fire tube (or whatever it's called)? We have both mini and larger Cadacs. The latter stays at home now and we use it in the garden from a Calor butane bottle. Last year we took it our daughter's house to use for the first time in a few years and the flame was weak - dinner took ages to cook! Upon dismantling the unit I found a spider's web / egg ball in the tube between the gas pipe attachment point and the burner (underneath the blue metal body of the Cadac). Once cleared, all returned to normal.
It might be worth a look.

was going to say the same but a partially blocked jet would also have the same effect

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Or a partially melted one , as in our case. It didnt set on fire , like some we have known about in the past.:whatthe:
After contacting cadac they sent out a new one. Free of charge.:thumb:

Jun 22, 2011
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
cadac

we have tried two cadacs and given up. They do not work for us at all! If there is a slight bit of movement in the air they are useless!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Both Nemo and us use a large Cadac regularly
Only had a problem once and it was blowing a hoolie !!!

OP
OP
malheg

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Cadac

I posted on this problem yesterday. I have read the booklet that came with my cadac and it states it should be used with a 37mbar regulator if using propane. I have been using mine via my external gas point but the regulator fitted in van is 30mbar. I have fitted a 37mbar reg and will try it with a gas bottle. If mine still blows out I will chuck it.

spongy

Thanks.
I have the same set-up, but I understood all new regs are 30mb.
Interested to know how you go on.

Malc

OP
OP
malheg

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Cadac

we have tried two cadacs and given up. They do not work for us at all! If there is a slight bit of movement in the air they are useless!

We had same problem, finished off dinner cooking in van.

Malc

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I keep forgetting when using the paella pan, to use it direct onto the flame and keep trying to use it with the BBQ deflector (black) which will result in continuous extinguishment of the flame. Just a thought. :Smile:

Also you can use the lid hooked on the side when there is a breeze to act as a wind block.

Deleted User
Hi Malc

We are of to windy wales tommorrow for 2 weeks, will let you know if we still have the cadac when we come back!

spongy

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
that's a shame I'm coming to Hampshire for the weekend I could have collected it.

If you are ever anywhere near Sidcup Roger you can have ours. I meant to tell you that before but kept forgetting:Doh:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
cheers Chris. Septemberish unless you are coming to the Ilfracombe rally in August or know someone who is passing.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
cheers Chris. Septemberish unless you are coming to the Ilfracombe rally in August or know someone who is passing.

Thats fine. Can't make the Ilfracombe bash as we are away then.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back