LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I hear through the grapevine that Frankie has now made her mind up to take the plunge into becoming a campingcarist. From what am told she needs not only a camper but a daily driver that is not to big to be used as a car. With this in mind I am making a short list of probables. If any catch your fancy Frankie, let me know and they will be delivered to your door instead of to mine. This is my first suggestion. Of course I know they must be LHD. Link Removed

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Or what about this one. I love these old VW LTs and think this would be ideal. Its original and can only appreciate in value over the next few years. I may even consider this one for my own personal collection. Link Removed

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Not too impressed with the second :winky:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Nice van Terry, but hardly a daily driver at 20 ft long.

The other 2 will be around 18 ft especialy the 16 ft VW with the rack taking it very close to 18 ::bigsmile:
terry

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I hear through the grapevine that Frankie has now made her mind up to take the plunge into becoming a campingcarist. From what am told she needs not only a camper but a daily driver that is not to big to be used as a car. With this in mind I am making a short list of probables. If any catch your fancy Frankie, let me know and they will be delivered to your door instead of to mine. This is my first suggestion. Of course I know they must be LHD. Link Removed

:man_in_love::man_in_love::man_in_love:

Waooo I don't know how you find those vans Dave but indeed really what I fancy most... (some footy fans will probably say ....Don't you think it's a bit too red?:RollEyes::RollEyes:)...pity it's already over 5000 euros and it's nearly finished!

Oh ... and nearly forgot...Thank you so much for your so very nice offer to deliver it . You must tell me how much would be the cost of all this so I can budget it

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Or what about this one. I love these old VW LTs and think this would be ideal. Its original and can only appreciate in value over the next few years. I may even consider this one for my own personal collection. Link Removed

Nice and clean little one, each time I see a westafalia I say it's one for me, but I must say even if I didn't see the shower and all the woman's stuff , such as cooker and fridge...I was really impressed by the first one!

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
:man_in_love::man_in_love::man_in_love:

Waooo I don't know how you find those vans Dave but indeed really what I fancy most... (some footy fans will probably say ....Don't you think it's a bit too red?:RollEyes::RollEyes:)...pity it's already over 5000 euros and it's nearly finished!

Dont worry Frankie, there are more in the pipeline. I thought that one would make strong money as it was a very nice one. Tell me though, is that the type of thing you are looking for, or is it too big. Would a VW be too small ?.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Link Removed
don't know how much it will end up at ::bigsmile:
terry

A bit too big yes Terry but quite nice, if I had to think about one for fulltiming, except may be it doesn't have a drop bed which I really like.
I must say I have really loved one I think you had found on the other thread "starters vans". I can't remember the trade ,I think it's Niemans or something like it, and it was still to be sold. It was sayiong that this motorhome was the rollroyce of motorhomes. It had some blue coloured lines on (some footy fans would probably say .... What a nice colour to have on a motorhome....:RollEyes::RollEyes::roflmto:)

Thanks for your search anyway!

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Dont worry Frankie, there are more in the pipeline. I thought that one would make strong money as it was a very nice one. Tell me though, is that the type of thing you are looking for, or is it too big. Would a VW be too small ?.

This one is really the type of size I would like most. I would be hysterical if I could have one like this one!!!::bigsmile:::bigsmile: I quite like Westfalias but when they have a top on they look less reliable if there is wind . Might be just me though!
As for being a bit too small , I could sleep in a match box, as long as I have water and a cooker and of course toilets ::bigsmile: Most of the time I will try to get my friend Lyli to come along with me along with her 2 doggies, but even so a westafalia would still do:thumb:.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
OK, This may be getting on in years, but it has had a lot of money spent on it. It looks in very good condition and its within budget. Its no good to a German dealer, as by EU law he has to give a guarantee with it. .

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Heres another for Frankie to watch -again no idea where it will end but could well go cheap :Smile:
Link Removed
terry

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Heres another for Frankie to watch -again no idea where it will end but could well go cheap :Smile:
Link Removed
terry

Nahhh.. £250 deposit wanted up front.. Almost certainly not a scam but am blowed if I would pay ANYTHING on a van I had not actually seen !

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Nahhh.. £250 deposit wanted up front.. Almost certainly not a scam but am blowed if I would pay ANYTHING on a van I had not actually seen !

You would have to call the seller- if genuine I am sure he/she would wait for cash :winky: but as you say no see, no buy :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Link Removed
terry

This is exactly the kind of motorhome I'd like to have ...later! A big rear lounge ,drop bed , and old german way of making things (I can't find the translation in English for "excellente facture" ... Google being too stupid says "invoice" for facture but nothing to do with it!)

I've just looked up on internet if anything had changed about driving licence and ...nope! I still can't drive anything over 3,5t unless I pass the C licence. and only available 2 years when you're over 60 years old!!!! So I should try to pass it as late as possible!

Frankie:thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Link Removed
its petrol but still a lot of van for the money
terry

Very nice one! Even with the capucine which I'm not very keen on, I do like it .... Wonder how many litres it drinks for 100 kms... And it' s manual transmission!!!:thumb: A lot of added items ... Indeed very good price !

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
excellente facture...... could that be inventory?

No Roger . This word comes the verb "faire" ..."make" So may be you would say an excellent make. Hymer factory has the reputation of an excellent make (furniture in their motorhomes). Does it make a sense?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Frankie driven steady you would get around 20 mpg ish but it's to late it's been sold :Sad:
Terry

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi Frankie driven steady you would get around 20 mpg ish but it's to late it's been sold :Sad:
Terry

Never mind ...I'm learning every day... as I have been told that japanese parts are difficult to find so .... I'm going to listen to the Wise Little Voice wispering to my ear:winky:::bigsmile:

Frankie:Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Never mind ...I'm learning every day... as I have been told that japanese parts are difficult to find so .... I'm going to listen to the Wise Little Voice wispering to my ear:winky:::bigsmile:

Here in UK jap parts are easy to get hold of :thumb: but on the other hand japs are a lot more reliable so you would not need parts ::bigsmile:
You need to listen to that wise little voice then you will know what is exactly right for you when it comes along :winky:::bigsmile: The vansl isted are to give you an idea on what's about and prices -I have no idea if the sellers are describing there vans truthfully
-that's another minefield,the amount of vans I have looked at described as very good condition only to find mould and damp ridden van is unbeliveable :Eeek:Both a waste of my fuel and time ::bigsmile:
terry

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
This garage,based at Revesby, Nr Coningsby, Lincs goes into VW campers in a big way:

Link Removed

Ian.

PS the Red Lion pub nearby allows campers - EHU provided

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
There are a few renault traffics going cheap round our way, not sure what you are really looking for. I think one looked quite clean with 81k on the clock for £1600. There was also a talbot express locally that was cheap as well.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
A very good quality van here. Going a little over budget but many years left in this and it has all the toys factory fitted.Link Removed

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I thought that would tick most of the boxes for you. It will go over budget, but it will last years and you will not have to spend money on it.
The body is a one piece with no joints, so no damp problems.
It has the uprated turbo, so you can indulge your passion for vroom vroom.
Anything under 10000 euros and its a bargain.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I thought that would tick most of the boxes for you. It will go over budget, but it will last years and you will not have to spend money on it.
The body is a one piece with no joints, so no damp problems.
It has the uprated turbo, so you can indulge your passion for vroom vroom.
Anything under 10000 euros and its a bargain.

It does tick all my boxes, except that even if I wanted to, I can't produce money I haven't yet. And as I've lost a contract, thinking of asking the bank would be a waste of time...they will ask for all my contracts to see if one has the mention "over". I wish I could . I am very aware that quality has a price... I just can't afford this price right now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back