Where to go tomorrow "BritStops" (1 Viewer)

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Well good evening all, how many have tried Brit stops I joined but not stopped anywhere yet. Was thinking about trying one out tomorrow night, leaving southampton about 11:00

any body tried anything localish

Last edited:

kiwicamper

Free Member
Jun 8, 2009
christchurch NZ
Funster No
MH
fully intergrated
Exp
since 2000
Well good evening all, how many have tried Brit stops I joined but not stopped anywhere yet. Was thinking about trying one out tomorrow night, leaving southampton about 11:00

any body tried anything localish

we have used a few Brit Stops with varied results.The farm shops are generally better than the pubs but there are lots more pubs.The problem with the pubs is that sometimes their car parks are too small for a motorhome ,if the pub is busy.
At most stops we have sampled the produce or had a meal or drink but this should not be compulsory.
We stopped at one pub that opened again at six,when the staff arrived we made ourselves known and said we might pop in for a drink later.The pub got very busy ,it was packed ,we were surrounded by cars ina very tight space.It pouring with rain,so we hunkered down and finished off a bottle of red.We didn't,t think they would notice our non apearence but about 10pm the landlord came out and gave us an earful about our obligations to spend coin in his establishment.That he said was his sole reason for signings up,not to give freeloaders a place to stay.
I told him we usually did like to spend time and coin in the places we had stopped but tonight ,due to the rain and the fact his pub was packed we had not.
His whole manner was aggressive and over the top so we moved on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back