Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Anyone been to the above in the 2013 French aires book?
We are there now and it all seems strange, former campsite, closed now but the book says €8 with electric but the junior relais that is here with its a pay €2 sign for water and electric but I am assuming it's€2 for 1 hour electric when the book says €8 with electric which I am thinking electric for all night, no showers or toilets as the book says the place is deserted except for walkers passing in the field behind.
Nice place with a lake though but not sure wether to stay or not.
No mention of how to pay other than pay in office which is in the campsite and closed and deserted, the campsite has gone busy we think and now has statics in, again deserted.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Is it in the English version ? If so I can look it up in French version if you give me the town name.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yes it's in Thury harcourt. in Normandy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Yep it says you can stay and cost is 8€. I assume u are at camp site called Le Traspy? If camping accueil is closed then stay no problem but pay if someone asks or if open in the morning :Smile:

Normally we are easy going reference stopping in a sensible place !! And what can be more sensible than beside a closed camp site !!

Sleep well :roflmto:

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
thanks for reply, yes le trapsy the campsite its closed and deserted, have been for some time by the look of it restaurant cleared out, sauna two of them lots of cobwebs and years of dirt so no one has used the place for years.
As to payment the Bourne asks for €2 but the time allotted has wormoff so can't be read.
The hand written notice is dated ,2011 saying €8 nuit,€2.50 vindage, €2douche no mention of electric, if I put in €8 will I only get 1 hour of electric
and a certain amount of water?

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
In this years French book. Says 2.5€ for water and services. If you need water 2.5€ should give you 100litres. And if there is electric hook up 2.5€ will give 1 hour to top up batteries. Usually grey water and loo emptying is free. Occasionally there is no water to rinse your cassette so I use water from the van .

The 8 euros is the overnight charge but if no one to take it then free :roflmto:

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks again the English version says €8 for placement and electric so we won't plug in for €2 just for an hour as we can manage without electric. We just thought it was included for €8 for all night as many are that we have visited recently.
Many thanks for your help.

Last edited:

belboy

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
N/Ireland
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
I would just like to say a big thank you to Spitfire for his rapid & helpful response to Trish.......very kind of you matey :thumb:

Cheers

Tony

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I would just like to say a big thank you to Spitfire for his rapid & helpful response to Trish.......very kind of you matey :thumb:

Cheers

Tony

Thanks for your kind thanks : :Smile: thats what we are on the forum for !! is easy sat at home in France with the French version Aires book and wifi !! I think the French version is better and quite easy to understand once you get a hang of the lingo cos the same phrases crop up in them all :ROFLMAO:

After living here for 9 years and motorhoming all the time you get to know what is ok or not reference stopping overnight ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back