Milenco Triple & Quattro...answers needed (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well I am just about to purchase some more new ramps:Doh:
(I will tell you more info on the other new set of Fiamma further on:cry:)

Do I buy Milenco Triple at around £30.00 and less weight to carry......or do I buy the more expensive Quattro from £36.00 to £50.00 and a lot more weight to carry

could the Funsters who have these ramps please give a honest answer to these questions

1/ Which ramps have you got and which ones would you have prefered.

2/ How good are the Milenco ramps, how long have you had them, how many times have you used them.

3/The Funsters who have the Quattro levels how many times have you used the top level..... never....once or twice...or many times ....
The reason I ask this question is ...looking at the milenco Quattro 4 levels...the end level 4th seems the a smaller indent for your tyre 15" or 16"tyre...also it seems vertical with the base.. meaning the base does protrude further than the top which could result in the tipping of the ramp the first level lifting up !!! is this correct,

Also to go over the top of the forth level of the Quattro could result in some serious damage to the underneath of my motorhome...just by the ramp tipping up ???.

Any good or bad points on the Milenco ramps would be welcome

I would purchase them from Peter ..JCrossMH..with his price at £39.99 plus the 10% discount £3.99 his price would have been £36.00.....but Peter Place JCMH... is just too far off our route as we travel up the M20 when we travel up north from France

Does anybody have any info on the Thule 5 ton 3 levels they look the same as the Fiamma are they better or not to Fiamma as they do look the same on the outside.

Now the new set of Fiamma heavy duty 10 ton 4 level black ramps...Mmmm never again...I had only just purchased them a couple of weeks before or winter trip to Portugal ...we was parked on hard ground and on the third level up on the front wheels of the motorhome when the ramps cracked in the middle...and the crack just got bigger and bigger and trying to reverse off the cracked ramps resulted in the front two levels shooting up into the motorhome, lucky for me no damage was done BUT it could have been a lot worse...
Now I can not be Ar$ed... (as we say in Yorkshire)..to take them back to the caravan shop in Calais 100miles away from me, because in France they don't give refund's they send them away and a replacement may take months or even years to come back...and to honest I don't want use or have those dangerous ramps again ...so I will write the cost of those ramps off ......I did have the yellow fiamma ramps before about 100mm high but all the corners kept curling up..that's reason I purchased the heavy duty ones...

Link Removed
Thank you Mel

Last edited:
May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
I now have the milenco triples and they do a great job. We use them every time we aren't level and the missus does the levelling! Previously we had the fiamma ones that aren't any were near as good.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Mel we have the Millenco Quatro and they are very well used, no signs of cracking at all.

They have a tiny bit of flattening on a couple of the grips but nothing to detract from their function.

Never had any problem with them tipping even when on the top and surprising enough with 15" wheels I can usually feel each rise without having Lynda watching and panicking and shouting stop when I am only on the second rise.

Hey but as an after thought our Mobilsat works well so ignore me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought the quattros at Stratford show last year and are very pleased with them.

When we bought our Autoquest we bought some of the Fiamma Magnum ramps, which were OK for that van. The Burstner came with some larger orange ramps (make unknown) and we used them a couple of times but they were smooth on top and we found that the wheels couldn't get a grip on wet grass at Stratford. That is why we bought the Milenco ones and chose the quattros over the triples because of the extra option.

We have used the top level once or twice as we tend to use THSs/Rallies and the pitches aren't always as level as sites. Jill drives and I guide her onto the ramps and we haven't felt any danger so far of going over the top.

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
We have the "Triples" and I bought them on recommendation of other users on this forum.
Certainly they appeared to be the more substantial of the others on display at the store where I bought them. I've only used them a few times but whilst we were away last week on a campsite we had to used a grass pitch rather than a hardstanding. Whilst driving up the ramps a number of the lattice supports broke on the lower level of both ramps. This can only be due to the uneven/soft surface beneath the ramp and they must have been stressed beyond their capability. I wanted to be on the 2nd level anyhow and still managed to used the ramps. They will be fine and can still be used but I guess it is something to be wary of in the future.
Glad you asked this question, I'm at the dealers tomorrow and may well show them what's happened...:Blush:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Mel, we also have the Milenco Quattros and have used them quite often over the last three years. They work well and we have used the tops many times due to our m/h having 4.5m wheel base.
As mentioned above a few of the lattice tips have broken off but does not affect their use.
Brian

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I have had the quattro's for about 18 months and have used all 4 levels without a problem (15" wheels). My Hymer is 'nose down' when not fully loaded at the back, so they are nearly always in use. Plenty of width to get on, wouldn't be without them.
Used the Fiamma magnum and levelup in the past without issue, I think it depends on the size of vehicle.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We have the Milenco Quattro. Been using them for 2 years and have lost count of how many times they have been used. Our Burstner is nose down so the extra height comes in handy. The only down side is they take up a lot of room.
Andy

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
I have the Triples. Light, easy to store (my van does not have a garage) and used regularly over the last three years. Very pleased with them.

Last edited:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi Mel,

We have the Millenco Quatros, we use them on just about every trip now as we are "nose down" and they are needed to help the shower tray drain away better. We also looked at the triple ones, but felt the Quattros were far sturdier for us.

When at Chatsworth last year we were on the highest level because of the sloping pitch, we have had ours about two years now and are very happy with them. No signs of any wear on them. Ours came in a sturdy canvas bag and they're easily stored away in the overhead locker.

Another problem with being "nose down" is that it can give you a very strange feeling after a couple of red wines:roflmto:

They are very sturdy and it only takes Margaret and couple of minutes to get them into place as well:winky:
Bill

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have the Quattro and as mentioned some of the lattices have broken.
The worse thing is Terry went over the top of one ( him not me) accelerated too much and with a loud crack the wheel broke the fourth layer so we can only use 3 layers anyway on one ramp.
Luckily no damage done to the motorhome but could have been if it was concrete, the ramp dug into the grass and flipped the end up into the space behind the wheel.
We are 4 ton with 15 inch wheels, they do take up a lot of space and they are heavy.
Anyone know where we can buy one ramp?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Mel, Hope you and Christine are well.

Don't think we used our quatros at Pedro's place, where we met, but on many occasions have used them to the Max. the one thing I liked about them is they do not slip, like some other (yellow) makes do. :winky:

We have used them on all surfaces and they are still in good nick, no cracks.

I would think if you went over the 4th level you could have problems but it is easy to feel the levels as you rise, which I think is another plus.

Minus point is their weight and size but you have a load of room in yours (if it's not fallen apart yet :ROFLMAO:)

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Mel, Hope you and Christine are well.

Don't think we used our quatros at Pedro's place, where we met, but on many occasions have used them to the Max. the one thing I liked about them is they do not slip, like some other (yellow) makes do. :winky:

We have used them on all surfaces and they are still in good nick, no cracks.

I would think if you went over the 4th level you could have problems but it is easy to feel the levels as you rise, which I think is another plus.

Minus point is their weight and size but you have a load of room in yours (if it's not fallen apart yet :ROFLMAO:)

Hi Jean and Keith...Yes Thank you Chris seems fine, Docs in the morning for the heart results.
Yes the New RAPIDO is still holding up.....it seems the bits falling have stopped for a while:RollEyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:......Do you remember that new RAPIDO opposite the same as mine. who paid over 90,000 euros for it..from Switzerland having all the same problems as mine...he kept coming to me for tools to reair it:Doh:..He said he was happy because the new BURSTNER he had before the RAPIDO...all the back fell off while he was driving on the road:Eeek::whatthe::Doh:....so it looks like what I have said before ......Nowt seems any good any more, its not just a Brit crap van thing its the whole of Europe .....nobody seems to care anymore....they just rush them off the assembly line:Doh:

Last edited:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Oi Mel have you got a huge 42" screen on your lappie or what-----it sure does not fit my screen

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We have the triples. Went for these rather than the quatros due to the difference in length rather than height. The triples fit in our back locker just right and not too heavy to haul out. We have lost our bag (blew away in a storm) and they are a bit sharp to handle, so a pair of thin gardening gloves has solved that problem.
Forgot to mention, very impressed with their strength and grip, no problems driving on and only once were they not high enough,but once we'd let the air out of the air ride suspension it levelled out.

Last edited:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
We use the Quattros. Much easier than the Fiamma level-ups as the driver can feel the levels one by one. They happen to fit in the space I had created for the Fiamma ramps which was purely a fluke. Probably the only down side is the weight of them - not particularly light for Pat to lug around, though she does manage OK. :Cool:
Used all four levels at one time or another - the extra height is also useful if you need to bring one side up more than the other. Wouldn't be without them.:thumb:

John

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Here you go Mel, Rapido parked on top level and no feeling of dropping over the top,
just wish we had a fifth rise for this pitch that we are on at present but sunshine makes up for a bit of un-levelless

The other picture shows where some bits have flattened off but not causing a problem

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:
I've had to move everything from one side to the other on our lappy, thought it was just me:winky:

Laneside:Oi Mel have you got a huge 42" screen on your lappie or what-----it sure does not fit my screen

WHOOOOOOPS sorry you two:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back