Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
From 6 to 16 June 2013, the 6th edition of the Armada Festival will attract millions of visitors to the quaysides of Rouen along the banks of the Seine river. Over 50 Tall Ships are expected which rank among the most splendid examples in the world today together with modern warships and other exceptional sailing craft. There will be concerts, firework displays and lots going on during the festival including free visits on board these amazing tall ships.

The Grand Procession along the Seine river, the firework display every evening, the mass celebrated by the crews and the sailors' parade... these events and many more are all on the festival calendar.

To find out more about the Armada 2013
www.armada.org/en/

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh time to reroute thxs for the headsup once i got stuck travelling on black saturday in france never again we aint got no idea what a traffic jam is here till ya been in 1 of them on french roads like bloody lemins they all take off on hols at the same time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh time to reroute thxs for the headsup once i got stuck travelling on black saturday in france never again we aint got no idea what a traffic jam is here till ya been in 1 of them on french roads like bloody lemins they all take off on hols at the same time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:thumb: Me too! Satnav sent us towards 2 low bridges in Rouen last week, the first one I avoided when the warning brushes hit the sat dome and the second I saw before I got there. Could only get out of that by going 150 yards down a bus only lane much to the bemusement of the locals. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
It's a bit late, I know, but thanks for the suggestion. We made the detour and had an enjoyable day. What an amazing spectacle to see all of the old galleons, sailboats and some more modern vessels. It was quite something to see a huge galleon coming about in the river!

Worth people taking note of for next year.

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back