Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Minutes included:
500 minutes international wirless broadband within 14 days from first logon
Good for:
Short term access overseas at our roaming partner hotspots for easy international wi-fi

thats 28 quid not sure what else you need but i would try for a sim for france and a unlocked dongle

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Yes its free as we are BT customer.
Can be hard to find in rural areas though couldprobably find more with a booster if I could find one that works with our tab2

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I haven't come across any.

Do BT tell you where these hotspots are or might be?

I have used it a lot in the UK though.

My house is a BT hotspot apparently.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
unless ya tab has usb u will need a mifi i think with a booster if it has usb then
try these thats where i got my booster and pete (knucledragger) also has 1 from there

http://www.faculty-x.net/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
I use the ji wire wi fi finder app
Works by gps & shows wi fi hotspots on a map.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
unless ya tab has usb u will need a mifi i think with a booster if it has usb then
try these thats where i got my booster and pete (knucledragger) also has 1 from there

http://www.faculty-x.net/

So what is the advantage of mi fi over tethering to my phone? No usb.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
a mifi you can get a diff sim for your phone maybe locked and to use abroad is a massive rate

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
So you got the oven working again then did you? :roflmto:

::bigsmile:

First things first we have ordered a new dishwasher.

Oven next although we have a Remoska so not suffering yet.

The hot tub is going to have to wait though

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I been using BT wifi hotspots now for a while.
Works well if you have a wifi booster areial--i fixed mine on the roof permanatly with a extention usb cable.

Works well, except in sites situated in a remote valleys, where there are no houses for miles-- chances are that 3g and a phone signal won`t wont either.

Then the site owner tries to cash in on the company supplied wifi @ ÂŁ5 per day + :Eeek:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I've never managed to find one yet ..... do they show up as BT or some other network?

To answer your question...Some other network.....in France and Portugal they will show up as FON.....or... SFR hotspot..or Zon in Portugal..these are the partners in other countries....
you would click on one of the hotspots below....up will come a web page...scroll down and it will say ..if you are a BT customer click here...enter your BT info and password....then you are online ...JOB DONE:thumb:
and as you can see UK is nearly all orange...not just BT but any FON in the uk you can click on

I have also put a link to all fon hotspots of which BT is a member:thumb:
http://maps.fon.com/

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Last edited:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
To answer your question...Some other network.....in France and Portugal they will show up as FON.....or... SFR hotspot..or Zon in Portugal..these are the partners in other countries....
you would click on one of the hotspots below....up will come a web page...scroll down and it will say ..if you are a BT customer click here...enter your BT info and password....then you are online ...JOB DONE:thumb:

I have also put a link to all fon hotspots of which BT is a member:thumb:
http://maps.fon.com/

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Many thanks Mel, I have never tried logging on to any of these networks which is probably why I have never found a BT one :Doh:

Brian

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Many thanks Mel, I have never tried logging on to any of these networks which is probably why I have never found a BT one :Doh:

Brian

Brian....Brits were / was using ZON in Portugal....excellent connection it was, on the Algarve...
Half way down the ZON wifi connection link web page was a link for BT members to connect:thumb::thumb: Of which it seems you are a member having BT as your provider.......

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Brian....Brits were / was using ZON in Portugal....excellent connection it was, on the Algarve...
Half way down the ZON wifi connection link web page was a link for BT members to connect:thumb::thumb: Of which it seems you are a member having BT as your provider.......

Also many of the campsites in the UK that are charging you for wifi....that are BT internet....also have free wifi......just get yourself a Boooooooster:winky::winky:

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Ok so if you are a BT customer you input BT account details, but what if you have just bought the fon simple box, what do you input then?

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We were BT customers for years and like many never found a connection when out and about, which is not surprising as we could not access our own form the end of our 20 metre drive-----but we now have a booster and so far have only once missed accessing a connection, so it must be getting better.
Cannot wait to try it when we cross the channel in August

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Ok so if you are a BT customer you input BT account details, but what if you have just bought the fon simple box, what do you input then?

Roger....Input your code password that comes with your FON box.....in any of those internet servers hotspots...they are all partners...:thumb:

Last edited:

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Silly question, I presume that the fon simpl box that I will have to buy will need tobe connected to the mains ?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Silly question, I presume that the fon simpl box that I will have to buy will need tobe connected to the mains ?

Yes

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks Chris, then unless you are on electric abroad getting free wifi can't be done through a Fon box.

Cydersyd..I am not sure if I understand what you are saying or if you have not grasped it about the FON box.....it connects to your Router at home, stays at home .... not abroad...and not with you...(please correct me if I have it wrong)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back