Good customer service, AGAIN ! ! (1 Viewer)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I recently mentioned what good service I got from Garmin. Now Sergent Electrical are up for an award.
I rang them to enquire why leisure battery not charging from alternator but did on EHU.

The techie, DAN HOWLETT patiently listened and advised that this was not a PSU problem but a fuse or relay under the black cover under the bonnet.
He sent me a circuit diagram purely with the appropriate relay harness shown and hey presto, fuse blown.
Engine started and charging at the leisure battery, a nice 14.4 volts.

Well done Sargent and Dan.

I've been directed to solar panels by a friend. They are from BIMBLE INN, http://www.bimbleinn.com/, check out the prices.

Hopefully I'll be writing a good report for them, my friend is well chuffed.

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
good customer service NOT

the CS from Anglian on our conservatory is abysmal.
Auto Sleepers No problem

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
wow how big is your motorhome with a conservatory:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
I recently mentioned what good service I got from Garmin. Now Sergent Electrical are up for an award.
I rang them to enquire why leisure battery not charging from alternator but did on EHU.

The techie, DAN HOWLETT patiently listened and advised that this was not a PSU problem but a fuse or relay under the black cover under the bonnet.
He sent me a circuit diagram purely with the appropriate relay harness shown and hey presto, fuse blown.
Engine started and charging at the leisure battery, a nice 14.4 volts.

Well done Sargent and Dan.

I've been directed to solar panels by a friend. They are from BIMBLE INN, http://www.bimbleinn.com/, check out the prices.

Hopefully I'll be writing a good report for them, my friend is well chuffed.

I have been looking at those very panels - be very interested to know how they work out for you....:thumb:

OP
OP
Larby
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
My friend as I said is chuffed with his. He went for the 12v 170w panel and the MPPT charge controller at £155.80 plus £30 pp.

I have measured the roof and it will fit between all the clutter up there, just!

Now considering how to secure, he has screwed brackets to the roof as well as using Sikaflex.

OP
OP
Larby
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I have been looking at those very panels - be very interested to know how they work out for you....:thumb:

Bought the "package deal" of 20 amp MPPT controller and the 170 watt panel.
The panel arrived within the week and the courier rang a few days before to confirm delivery between 2:30 and 4:30. Sure enough they did.
Controller was delayed as supplier was involved with Glastonbury. To be fair he did send out as promised (by a chase up email) immediately after getting home.
The delay did give me time to install panel and route cables.
You get panel and a few inches of cut off cable, I took this to an electrical wholesaler and got some of equivalent spec.
Panel is screwed with stainless steel self-tappers to plastic corner supports, then attached to roof with Sikaflex 512. The standard cross-bar on the roof was exactly right to hold down front and another (not shown) now holds down the back.
Controller is now installed and is now topping up leisure battery.
The package works out quite well if you check out the price of the controller elsewhere

They are from BIMBLE INN, http://www.bimbleinn.com/, check out the prices.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• ROOF.jpg
    ROOF.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 27

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread