Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
right guys and dolls wats your best 3 course meal ever made in your motorhome it can be anything from breakfast to lunch and dinner just 3 courses.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Wine starter, takeaway as main course and scotch to finish......... Or did I miss the point?:winky:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
with 4 rings, grill and oven we eat the same in the motorhome as we do at home, no restrictions. We both cook though Sue does most of it, I only jump in if we want a Chinese meal or anything other than plain cooking. Sue is a great pastry cook, I make the bread so there we go whatever we fancy we can eat. A lot of it fresh from the garden in a good year. Don't do 3 course meals, prefer 3 decent meals a day so there you go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Moules for the starter

followed by Pheasant, roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips smothered in a thick gravy.

then Pavlova topped with fruit and whipped cream to finish:RollEyes:

Beach combed for the moules, ran over the pheasant, but had to buy the other ingredients from the local supermarket. yummy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
garden

hey Wildman do u tow a garden behind your motorhome then wheres the indicators:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
S

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
strange

with 4 rings, grill and oven we eat the same in the motorhome as we do at home, no restrictions. We both cook though Sue does most of it, I only jump in if we want a Chinese meal or anything other than plain cooking. Sue is a great pastry cook, I make the bread so there we go whatever we fancy we can eat. A lot of it fresh from the garden in a good year. Don't do 3 course meals, prefer 3 decent meals a day so there you go.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: don't u love Wildman funny guy

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We use the van a lot for sailing championships. Actually found out quite early on that it didn't float too well, so now we tow a boat and sail in that instead............

Back to the point, the cooking is mostly what we find in the fridge, after moving the beers out of the way. Ideal three course meal is as follows:

Olives/nuts/snacks washed down with whatever comes to hand out of the fridge/secret wine locker

Some stuff chucked in the pasta whilst one of us is still slightly sober, in the hope that it won't burn...

Ice cream out of the freezer if I remembered to stow it before we set off, otherwise more stuff from the secret wine locker, which by now is no longer secret, of course.

Or we all go down the pub/sailing club.

Works every time - casual dining at its worst!:thumb:

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Tribute, Doom Bar & Jail Ale :winky:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
with 4 rings, grill and oven we eat the same in the motorhome as we do at home, no restrictions. .

So have we but we dont cook like at home. When we are away whether it be weekend or holidays its all about easy street .
I'm the one that does all the cooking ( proper meals round the table ) at home , every night for all of us .
Being in the motorhome is all about getting away from the norm for us.
Ralph does lots of cooking on the cadac in the motorhome . A good full monty brunch , or a nice piece of steak or fish and salad .
We also like to eat out for either lunch or dinner when away on holiday in it .
If we eat in the motorhome on a winters evening , its usually a meal for 2 from M&S or Asda
, shoved in the oven with a nice side dish , pudding , and a bottle of wine . Easy peasy.
Suits us.:thumb:

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
!st Course
Avocado and Prawns
2nd Course
Fillet steak and salad [french mustard of course]
3rd Course
Choclate cake
All washed down with 3 bottles of Chateu neuf de pape
4 of us and all on a asda car park in harrogate, was supposed to go for a drink in town after but unsurprisingly no one could be bothered:ROFLMAO::thumb:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Food

Full service menu in here, including my Yorkies!

Attachments

• pie.jpg
    pie.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 29
  • puds.jpg
    puds.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 28

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Those poor little Yorkies - I'm calling the RSPCA.........

.......only because I'm jealous - none of your aunt Bessie there at all. Awesome puds, those. :thumb:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
like to keep it simple in the MH so

vegetable soup ( always take some in the freezer)
haggis neeps (Turnip) and tatties (potatoes)
syrup sponge & custard

all washed down with a can of Tennants lager followed bay a glass of Lochnagar malt

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
being a keen cook and equally keen wine drinker I guess mine would be when we started with wine, followed by chicken xacuti curry and finished off with more wine. The perfect 3 courses and when we want four courses I bring brandy and lemonade into the equation :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Tesco Finest meal deal £10.00 including wine - excellent :thumb:

The Sainsbury's one is even better in my opinion:thumb:

The wine alone was retailing at £7.99 ( and I don't think that was a gimmick to sell the meals)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
The Sainsbury's one is even better in my opinion:thumb:

The wine alone was retailing at £7.99 ( and I don't think that was a gimmick to sell the meals)

As long as there's wine I don't mind where it comes from - but I do get points for next Eurotunnel trip at Tesco :thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
On our very first trip away in the mh we bought one of the Morrisons "Take Away" Indian meals for two in the brown bags.......one tikka masala, one chicken korma + rice for two, bhajias, samosas, nan bread, plus a raita dip::bigsmile:

What made me even happier than all this for £6.50 was that I was able to get everything into the oven :thumb:

All washed down with a couple of beers, then wine later on..........

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
motorhome cooking is not about a 3 course banquet in our van. we go with simple but tasty, especially locally sourced ingredients like fresh fish or a steak from the local butchers.

for the benefit of the cook, if we want a special meal, we eat at a local restaurant or pub. Nothing to prepare, now slaving over a hot stove and best of all no washing up. our preference is to spend money in the local businesses and make "friends" of the locals. far too many motorhomers seem to be of the opinion that they should be self sufficient and spend nothing locally. often goes together with freeloaders that just park up where they like, ignoring the locals. this is a reason motorhomes are no longer welcome in some towns

by doing it our way, we have befriended people we wouldnt of met and been offered camping in orchards and some beautiful private locations. on one occasion we ended up camping in a beautiful hilltop pasture with views to die for, and had fresh eggs, milk and bacon in the mornings and local wine and cider in the evenings. some things money just cant buy....even with mastercard lol

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we found a butchers in southern ireland where they slaughtered the animals then sold the meat best pork chops weve ever had whilst the rain went past the van horizontally

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
a table for 100 at QMJ gourmet fest please JJ:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.