dickymint

Free Member
Jun 2, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Machzone
Exp
Any budding sparkies out there who can advise. We have an old Machzone MH. Super vehicle but there now is a problem with the electrics which I cannot trace the fault. 12V circuit off leisure battery and mains 240Vconnection works fine except off both power supplies the toilet flush, water boiler ignition and gas fire up for fridge do not work. Light circuit and sockets all fine. System is powered with Logic 1 and Zig board. All fuses are fine unless there are fuses I don't know about. checked 25A x3 in Logic 1, 10A & 5A in Zig. All ok.
Am I missing a distribution board of some sort? I cannot locate one or would the problem run on an independant circuit? Appreciate any help:cry:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
How long have you had it.
When did it stop working,
is there power at the Zig unit
are the switches in the right positions.
What voltage does the leisure battery read
what does it read with the engine running
do you have solar power, who installed it.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I didn't know electrical systems were so tempramental. Does he need to move to another part of Cornwall?:ROFLMAO:

Wyn

Oh Yes! There are strange goings on in these parts......in certain areas, them piskies play round with your lectrics iner?

Nah! seriously - if he is near enough, may as well have a look as it would be quicker than explaining. Doesn't appear to be too complicated from the sounds of it.

Mind you.....how many times has a 5 minute job lasted a bit longer!:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds like a fuse or loose wire to be honest

The time searching for the fault would be expensive if you went to an auto electrician, and they would probably end up just running a new fused feed and connect to the circuit

OP
OP
D

dickymint

Free Member
Jun 2, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Machzone
Exp
Very good, I thought I might get some stick !! I said budding sparkies not the Britains Got Talent roadshow ::bigsmile:. In answer to some replies, we are in Lanson. Had MH for a couple of years. There is power to Zig board but I can't tell you how many amps the battery is pulling, no solar panels fitted.
Look forward to your replies :Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
ok so there is power going in the zig board is there any coming out, and I believe I asked for voltage levels not amps. If you cannot read the volts how do you know what power there is where. Have you got a multimeter and do you know how to use it. Fault finding requires taking readings. A bit of banter is normal don't let it upset you it does not stop you getting replies it just keeps the thread alive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dickymint

Free Member
Jun 2, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Machzone
Exp
I don't mind the banter at all Wildman. Its all in good fun. I havent got a meter but i have pulled the fuse out of the zig board when the lights and water pump were running and they stopped. I have had a look at the wiring in the zig and it looks a mess. 2 red wires (one linking live to different fuse? not connected) and one just not connected to anything. Some historic soldering gone on at some stage looking dodgy too. Think a good starting point may be to replace this first. What do you think?
:Doh:Cheers Dickymint

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It sounds well messed about and I'm afraid advising you won't help, I suggest rainbowchasers offer of help is taken up even if it means you driving across Cornwall to meet him.
To sort out electrics takes patience and understanding, if you had the required knowledge I'm sure you would have a meter. It May be worth looking at the 12V seminar in Ilfracombe in August that would help you with some basic theory and some practice in using a meter.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I don't mind the banter at all Wildman. Its all in good fun. I havent got a meter but i have pulled the fuse out of the zig board when the lights and water pump were running and they stopped. I have had a look at the wiring in the zig and it looks a mess. 2 red wires (one linking live to different fuse? not connected) and one just not connected to anything. Some historic soldering gone on at some stage looking dodgy too. Think a good starting point may be to replace this first. What do you think?
:Doh:Cheers Dickymint

Lanson not too far, if you need help give me a shout, I can pop up and take a look and sort it out.

OP
OP
D

dickymint

Free Member
Jun 2, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Machzone
Exp
Many thanks Rainbow chasers. It would be only right and proper for me to come to you. I would not be free until an evening next week. If this is ok let me know where and when. Once again many thanks::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back