Where to go between Wrenbury and Stratford (1 Viewer)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Last year Stratford followed straight on from the Bring And Buy at Wrenbury. This year we've got a week to fill as we can't face the trek back to Harltlepool and back again.
This is a part of the country we have only a passing acquaintance with so need some ideas of places we could go between the two events.
We probably won't have our electric bikes as the room in the garage will be needed for stuff for the bring and buy and guitars/pa system etc for the entertainment.
Places to stay will preferably be worth visiting in their own right or have decent public transport to somewhere worth seeing/doing.
Oh and obviously not too far from either Wrenbury or Stratford or points in between.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Last year Stratford followed straight on from the Bring And Buy at Wrenbury. This year we've got a week to fill as we can't face the trek back to Harltlepool and back again.
This is a part of the country we have only a passing acquaintance with so need some ideas of places we could go between the two events.
We probably won't have our electric bikes as the room in the garage will be needed for stuff for the bring and buy and guitars/pa system etc for the entertainment.
Places to stay will preferably be worth visiting in their own right or have decent public transport to somewhere worth seeing/doing.
Oh and obviously not too far from either Wrenbury or Stratford or points in between.

I am in hanchurch now, moving on to wrenbury on Monday. For meet on Thursday found A cl for £8.00 per night :thumb:
I have to return to Hartlepool on the 11 :cry:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Mike and Gwen...
I was going to say come visit us, would be nice to see you again and we are right on your route..
BUT were off to Spain for 10 days on Tuesday (4th, Flying) and will miss Wrenbury...

Have to catch up at Stratford..

See you there..:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
If you are looking for something to do on Sunday June 16th in the area,
it is the Wellesbourne 'Wings & Wheels' Day. Wellesbourne is about 5 miles to the east of Stratford upon Avon.

The main part of the event is 2 taxi runs of the Vulcan Bomber that is maintained there. Entrance is £5 per adult which is to support XM655.
More info at http://www.xm655.com/events.php

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
If you are looking for something to do on Sunday June 16th in the area,
it is the Wellesbourne 'Wings & Wheels' Day. Wellesbourne is about 5 miles to the east of Stratford upon Avon.

The main part of the event is 2 taxi runs of the Vulcan Bomber that is maintained there. Entrance is £5 per adult which is to support XM655.
More info at [HI]http://www.xm655.com/events.php[/HI]

Thanks for that, even the model Vulcan flying makes the the hairs stand up on the back of my neck!

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I haven't been for a few years, but there was a campsite on the edge of the old airfield

The Vulcan can been seen most Saturdays, cross their palms with silver and they will show you round the cockpit. This is a group of enthusiasts and they love their work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Change of plan
I will talk to you at thd meet mike
May be we could spend some time on a CL
Together
Maybe some one else is able to join in too