Didn't hang about. (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Sold the Hymer last week, new owners picked it up yesterday.
Only sold it because we need a tow car due to my wife's disability and the Hymer only had a towing capacity of 800kg.

Wife had seen a Pilote Galaxy on line and liked the look of it, only 20 foot but felt spacious, also a couple of others at the same place were a possibility.

Phoned yesterday afternoon to go and view and the dealer said come up and look, but i've not had time to valet it yet though.

Went to see it this morning and it was near immaculate, as were the others he had, well presented and nice to view. He said all the seats and carpets would be cleaned and all the outside would be cleaned, didn't look as if it needed much doing to it.

Well after a good look around it we decided to do the deal, so I go and pick it up on thursday.

Expected to take a while to find one that suited us, didn't expect to get one the next day.

Now we start the search for a small car to tow (not a smart) something that will take the folded wheelchair in the back and 2 small dogs.

Whilst we were there he had a 25 foot Lexington RV with 2 slide outs, I nearly bought one a month ago and couldn't resist a look inside, beautiful but just not practical for us.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, Pauly, we have a fiat 500 as a toad, we have had a couple of smarts, but the fiat beats them hands down, much more comfortable and rides better, and also has 2 proper seats in the back. The boot is reasonable, depends on size of chair . Go to a dealer and ask to try, I'm sure they will oblige. First trip out with ours on Monday, off to the lakes for a few days. Hope this helps,
Cheers Dave:thumb:
ps car only weighs 850kg

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I have a panda as a tow bar. You would not believe what you can fit in.

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Yes get a Panda, not the best looking car around but amazing space inside. We had one for eight trouble free years and the wheel chair went in the boot side ways no trouble. Two small to medium dogs no trouble either. We had a seat cover that clipped onto the back seats providing a safe area for the dogs. All good with a Panda. Not too heavy either.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Hi 4Matt,
We've just bought a Fiat Panda and have 2 medium sized dogs. When we are in the UK (we now live in Crete part-time) we have a Honda CRV which is perfect for the dogs but in the Panda the boot is too small for them so they have to go on the back seat. One of our dogs is an old girl and a couple of times when we've braked hard she's fallen off the back seat. Could you tell me what the back seat covers you mention are and where you can get them. Thanks.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
BCS Manchester, based in Littleborough near Rochdale.

Dealings so far are good.:thumb:

Is that on the road to Todmorden? Passed there today, thought I must drop in one day.

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Is that on the road to Todmorden? Passed there today, thought I must drop in one day.

:thumb:

Down the side of Smithy Bridge station, alongside the canal.
After reading on here where people have said they have gone
Dealers and the vans havd been dirty, all the ones i saw there
were clean and tidy as they should be for viewing.
Also noticed that Marquis had the same van 11 months newer and £5K dearer.

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Hi 4Matt,
We've just bought a Fiat Panda and have 2 medium sized dogs. When we are in the UK (we now live in Crete part-time) we have a Honda CRV which is perfect for the dogs but in the Panda the boot is too small for them so they have to go on the back seat. One of our dogs is an old girl and a couple of times when we've braked hard she's fallen off the back seat. Could you tell me what the back seat covers you mention are and where you can get them. Thanks.

Er We got it years ago, Don't remember where it came from. Its basic design and very clever too. We had to add a couple of loops to the back seat back rest to secure it as we didn't have rear head restraints in the panda. The thing is like a blanket with some velcro slots so you can attach seat belts to harness and some adjustable strips to close round the head restraints to create a safe sling type area. I will investigate on-line and PM you when I find them or something like it. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back