About to put Nimo's van on eBay.. (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Number one son has bought a replacement van due to his family growing up and no longer travelling with 'dum and mad'

I have put the advert together but would appreciate input and comments on the ad before it goes live:

Link Removed

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
things that may help
engine size and type
body size ft inches
could be difficult to take but a few pictures showing the underside in good condition is always useful

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
Good advert John and should sell quickly. Just to be pedantic, there's no apostrophe in extras (pleural).

oops, and double 'l' in levelling:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Aaronn

Free Member
Apr 2, 2013
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Bailey 760
Exp
There are four seat belts fitted plus of course the sideways bench seat which does not require seat belts to be fitted, so lots of options for travelling

I'm not sure if that is correct my understanding is that you can only travel in a properly designed travel seat fitted with seat belts. I could be wrong but if you false advertise you could leave yourself open? van looks great though!

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Its condition belies its age. Looks immaculate.

Steve

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
Good advert John and should sell quickly. Just to be pedantic, there's no apostrophe in extras (pleural).

oops, and double 'l' in levelling:thumb:

and you missed the spelling...."draw" should be "drawer" ?

Nice van - I find i am drawn to ads that tell more of a story - where its been, how great its been for the family and how its time for a new family to go adventuring....

...maybe I am just an old romantic :Doh:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Lovly looking van John yours son has looked after it well :thumb:Add may be a bit long winded but the way the pics are mingled in breaks it up nicly :thumb:Is it going aution or with a BIN price ? i WOULD GO AUTION WITH THE STARTING PRICE BEING THE LOWEST PRICE HE WANTS :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry
ps don'tforget to put a link to it :winky:
edit one other thing put how many berth just after the merc clipper bit--and YOU are correct about the seating/belts bit :winky:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I left out things like engine size, weights etc as they are on the info you fill in when you place the ad, and as said, it was already getting too long !!
Same goes for pics of the underneath.. It is as immaculate under as it is over ( so to speak :Smile: )

As a by the by, it is 24ft long and has a payload many of us would envy ( about 450 kilos even with full water ! )

Aaron, the info is correct re seat belts... No idea if it pertains to newer van, but as Terry says, it is def correct for a 1996 one :thumb:

Appreciate the spell checks.. For someone who uses the english language quite a bit I will admit to not being the best at the written word !! ( but on the other hand it was getting a bit late and I had already had a right day of it :winky: )

I have made the recommended changes so perhaps you good people could take another look for me ( Link Removed ) ? ... :thumb:

See what else I have messed up !!! :Doh: :Blush: :ROFLMAO:
I believe he is going to place it as an advert rather than auction due to the fees it would attract ... He is going to ask £15950 or near offer

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
I follow forum rules and never comment on spelling, but seeing how you have asked.....

Extra's we will be leaving with the van.
Should be Extras (no apostrophe).

leveling ramps.
Should be levelling ramps (unless you are American)

Any inspection most welcome and recomended.
Should be recommended

Steve

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
a plan of the layout type would help pepole understand "whats were"

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Layout plan is a good idea but again, makes it even bigger and I am hoping folk can see from the pictures what is where :winky:

Also now mentioned is the fact all the original documentation from date of purchase and all original user instruction manuals are with the van ( and hopefully the remaining speeeelllling mistooks are now addressed too ( but if anyone spots any more do please shout out !! :thumb: )

See what you reckon now :Smile:

Link Removed

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi John it's priced about right for the van :thumb: and should make close to the asking price especially on the merc :winky:I still think you should go for the aution type sale :Smile:You can always say avertised elsewhere and pull it if needed---I belive vehicles have a maximum selling fee of around 35 quid ?? Or have I got that wrong? As daft as it sounds it may make more:winky:
Terry

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I think I will investigate Terry and may well ask Darrell to take your advice mate.... cheers :thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Had a look Terry, and the final valuation fee is a pretty hefty £75.00 for an auction style advert.. Quite a jump from £14.99 for a Classified Ad

But then, as you say, it might go for more which would cover the extra :thumb:

Fortunately it is not MY choice to make but Darrells.. :winky:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I did not know it was that high :Eeek:last time I sold a van max was 35 quid ish even then I pulled the add because a buyer offered more than I would have taken::bigsmile: I think it cost around 8 quid for the add :Smile:I suppose it alldepends on how much the least he will take if it's worth the extra costs
Terry

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I suspect he could be talked down to high 14's Terry.. But even that would be a big sting in the bum if it went to final valuation !!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well I would drop the offers bit then John simply because to me offers would mean 1k off without thinking and chanceing my luck 2 to 3 k off :winky: but no way would I pay asking price - for my money I think he should do the auction stating at 14.5 k (ouch):thumb:after all if it's still around £8 for the listing he only pays the :Eeek: £75 :Eeek: if it sells :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Remove registration number from photo.

IMO.

Mel

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Remove registration number from photo.

IMO.

Mel

No mate.. various reasons including the fact it allows potential buyers to run checks on the vehicle, it is unlikely someone will clone it, and in all honesty, unless you are the queen a reg number is / can be seen by millions of folk as soon as it goes on a vehicle and is used on the road.

I appreciate some peeps worry about it but after 15 years of posting pics of all my bikes and some fairly radical cars I have built, I really do not worry at all about dispaying number plates :winky:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Spelling/grammar appears spot on (IMHO!) - appears you may have a job opportunity at Johns Cross.....

Steve

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
That's one gorgeous van - why do I keep telling myself 'no, don't go to Norwich' ?

I wish you the best, shame it wasn't about a month or so ago, SIL just bought one but on the photos this one looks better.

Good luck with the sale though.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Weeelllllll.. I do something similar for a living really, only Honda Blackbird parts :Smile:

Always done all my own htm coding on all my web sites.. I used to worry about it all being a bit basic but time and again get comments like 'love your web site.. few bells and whistles, easy to navigate and loads fast..

Over the years I have often been tempted to redo all the sites but it seems to work, seems to suit bikers and as it would involve days and days of writing ( and I fully intend retiring in less than 18 months ! ) I will proly never bother ! :winky:

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
This long ad thing....

Is a myth. The longer the ad the more info (hopefully) you provide. I skip over ads that dont give me enough - has to be special to make me make the effort to make more enquiries....

The ad is well written and if you feel more could be added to help a potential buyer create the image of themselves in your van - then do it! The more info, the more they can see or feel themselves (depending on their mindset NLP and all that!)...so dont chop this back if, as it appears, this is an excellent van, well cared for and good for a few years yet :thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
John the only thing missing I can think of is you have no picture of the washroom (ladies look at this area as important for some reason):ROFLMAO: though you have described it in the text.
I think it should sell well if its half as nice as the pics and description and anyone looking for a nice cheap van would certainly be interested if serious about getting a van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back