Milenco levelling ramps, whats the difference? (1 Viewer)

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
We just got a set from a shop via the Internet. They are the four step type and look very good and at ten quid cheaper than those on eBay and Amazon we are well chuffed.

The package included an outer card that has the attached image on it and I would like to know your views on what the difference is between the two illustrations.

Broken Link Removed

What do you think?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I have the same blocks, usually drive forward on to them, it's easier. Also, the height of the block would probably (haven't checked) mean they would contact the skirt or underside, they are pretty high.

Rgds
Bill

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We've got the Mileenco three-level size, and excellent they are too.

We normally drive forwards onto them, without any problem. However, I have heard people say they like to reverse onto their ramps (any sort) so that they can get a bit of a 'run off' when they want to drive away, if the ground/grass is at all slippery.

But, as already mentioned by the previous poster, perhaps there's a risk with the Milencos that they might foul the bodywork?

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
[HI]We just got a set from a shop via the Internet[/HI]. They are the four step type and look very good and at ten quid cheaper than those on eBay and Amazon we are well chuffed.

The package included an outer card that has the attached image on it and I would like to know your views on what the difference is between the two illustrations.

View attachment 18684

What do you think?

Would you like to share the name of company?

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We have the Millenco Quattos, big heavy black ones which came in a heavy canvas carrying case, but we didn't have the card that you show. In most situations we drive onto them frontways to lift up the front a bit to help our shower tray drain away better. However, we recently noticed some small vans had reversed onto theirs at a site we stayed on. But they had shorter, yellow flimsy ones, so perhaps they found this way easier.

I wouldn't like to try reversing up ours for obvious reasons.

Bill:Smile:

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We just got a set from a shop via the Internet. They are the four step type and look very good and at ten quid cheaper than those on eBay and Amazon we are well chuffed.

View attachment 18684

What do you think?

I would generally drive forward onto a front wheel ramp and reverse on to a rear wheel ramp. Why would you want ramps at both ends?

As others have said bodywork clearance might not allow you to use them between the axles anyway.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
However, I have heard people say they like to reverse onto their ramps (any sort) so that they can get a bit of a 'run off' when they want to drive away, if the ground/grass is at all slippery.

Can't get much of a 'run off' if they've lifted the front wheels - otherwise they'd run into their ramps with the rear wheels! ::bigsmile:

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
You wouldn't - but you might want to lift both wheels on one side of the van if you're on a sideways slope. :Smile:

Oops! Yes, that occurred to me after posting. :Doh:

Tim

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
we were on a set of 3 ramps at the weekend and due to heavy rain and very soft ground I decided (bad mistake) to drive off the front of them as we were quite near the roadway and did not fancy rolling back and then driving forward.
Yes you have guessed it got over the ramps and they then spun up and lodged themselves under the van. had to go to the site office and get a spade to dig them out, thankfully no damage to the MH but now need a new set of ramps :cry::cry:so please where did you get your set from

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have used ours ( 4 step ) in just about every direction possible without incident :thumb:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I keep meaning to get some quatros as i have split the fiamma ones.Ive seen them for £42 delivered ,is this a good price?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Used ours in every situation you can imagine and no fouling of bodywork.

I would always drive up on them front or rear, if boggy roll back onto bread crates to get a run at getting off. Never got stuck yet, but I suppose there is going to be a first time. :Angry:

biggsy

Free Member
Apr 1, 2012
Hull
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Millenco levelling ramps

Responding to the original question (about the card) I'm assuming it means don't exceed 8 tons per ramp, and drive forward up the ramps rather than backwards onto them. We have a set and have driven both ways onto them without damage (we didn't get the card so didn't know any better!)

OP
OP
4matt

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Would you like to share the name of company?

OPPS sorry that was silly not to say who they were.

document_header_logo_1b17cbd96164e64ee599378630bf1c4c.png

Brough Road
South Cave
East Yorkshire
HU15 2DB
United Kingdom
Tel: 01430 422523

:thumb: Fast delivery top service three days from order to items arriving:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back