Refused pitch at ACSI site !! (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Couple of days ago pulled onto ACSI site on the cote d'Azur and was told "our ACSI plots are full,but can let you have same size plot for €35 inc EHU "? Declined and went elsewhere.

Can ACSI sites refuse to provide a site when they have vacancies or do they only have limited number of places for members? Have not read the ACSI T&C's before ....... will do so now.

Regards Bryan (from very wet Antibes )

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I did notice a couple of sites in the book say things like ACSI sites are in a certain area, which I guess would mean they allocate a set number of pitches.

Think I only read a couple of those, but they would have been in France.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We've tried to book an ACSI site in Itlay for 3 nights and they say we can only book for a week. However, they added that we may get in if we turned up on spec i.e. they're edging their bets. Let the pitch for 30 Euro or if no takers 16 Euro for us plebs :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
We were at the site in Antibes and no problem but it might have been quieter.In any case we moved to the Val de Fleurs site at Cagnes Sur Mer which was much nicer.:thumb:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
ACSI

Hi

We know of a site at Lake Garda that has an "ACSI area" - smaller pitches etc, no lake view - in fact, there are a few like that!

On the flip side, we were able to use the more expensive extra large pitches at another site, so I guess it is down to the gaffer on the day.

Russell

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Camping Aquarius at San Pere Pescador has the nominated ACSI pitches in a particular area. They didn't seem any different to their other pitches though, perhaps just like to keep the tightwads together :roflmto:

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hi

We know of a site at Lake Garda that has an "ACSI area" - smaller pitches etc, no lake view - in fact, there are a few like that!

On the flip side, we were able to use the more expensive extra large pitches at another site, so I guess it is down to the gaffer on the day.

Russell

Yes, that's Serenella - they only allow ACSI rates except for the 2 rows nearest the lake.

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
ACSI inspections

I'm currently touring Italy using mainly ACSI sites and have not had any problems getting pitches. My gripe is that I'm not sure about their inspection system. Two of the sites the list are among the worst campsites I have ever visited! No hot water, mould on walls of toilet cubicles, dirty toilets, false claims about facilities available. For your information these sites are Camping Athena at Paestum and Camping Paestum nearby.
They both need a lot more than TLC, but more like a complete re-build.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I'm currently touring Italy using mainly ACSI sites and have not had any problems getting pitches. My gripe is that I'm not sure about their inspection system. Two of the sites the list are among the worst campsites I have ever visited! No hot water, mould on walls of toilet cubicles, dirty toilets, false claims about facilities available. For your information these sites are Camping Athena at Paestum and Camping Paestum nearby.
They both need a lot more than TLC, but more like a complete re-build.

You should complain to ACSI :Angry:

http://www.acsi.eu/en/customer-service/l2-n2909/

Deleted User
We nearly always use acsi sites and have had very few problems. Some sites keep the premium pitches for the full paying "guests" and I agree some of the amenites are not up to scratch but that would apply anyway. We had 1 site in Italy last year that provided electric but not enough amps to even boil a kettle or switch the boiler on. On the other hand we had a pitch at lake garda right by the lake for 16euros

spongy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back