Camping and Caravanning Club, should I join? (1 Viewer)

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I spend a lot of time in Europe, most in Spain and I am going to tour England and Scotland in July/August, I have never bothered joining any "Clubs" in the past, my question is: Are the sites better? Does it save money? and if it does, what "clubs" are best to join and why. :Smile:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
We are members of the C&CC, mostly use CS's which are most agreeable.
We prefer the quietness of a 5 unit (max) site.

Others of course will say different.......

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We are in all 3 main clubs, but for your needs I would join the CCC the cost of staying on one of their sites per night as a non member is quite expensive, so with the discount and quality and quantity of sites it is probably worth joining.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
There is also a reasonable selection of Temporary Holiday Sites (THS) that are run by the regional groups. These are always good value.
During July and August they are often on school / college playing fields, so are conveniently located for transport etc.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We spend most of the time from October til April abroad. But we joined the C&CC and use their temporary holiday sites and CS's through the Summer.
We find it is rare for us not to be able to find one or the other at a most reasonable cost.
Of course most of the time we don't have a particular place we want to be, just a general area. So for example during the summer holidays we will have our 8 year old Granddaughter who lives in Leeds and we will spend 4 weeks with her around the Yorkshire Dales, the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Coast. Average £8 -£10/night.
Some of the temporary holiday facilities are little more than a field with a water supply and somewhere to empty your cassette. Some have excellent facilities including showers. As we are very self-contained and used to wild camping a lack of facilties doesn't bother us. We rarely use the C&CC club sites cos we're tight and even with our age discount the cost adds up, When we have used them in the past we have found the facilities to always be excellent.
We think we get very good value for our C&CC membership fee.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
ccc do a age related discount on some sites/dates, it can make a big differance:thumb:

I think its over 55

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We would recommend the c&cc also. For £41 per year you can get great value and they have some very nice sites with great facilities.
We have recently been at both Polstead and St Neots for weekends.. Both are lovely. . well laid out and equipped. . in great settings and reasonably priced.
There are other discounts also to be had through membership..
Ferrys.. Insurance etc

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
and the other discounts include RAC arrival recovery for motorhomes of any size or weight. You are personally covered for any vehicle you travel in, for assistance or recovery, both either home, or on to your holiday destination, AND THEN ON TO HOME AFTERWARDS. the cost of this thru the club is £82, which is even more amazingly cheap if you have an RV. The sites etc more than compensate for the £41 yearly fee though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back