Haven site cleethorpes moan (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We have just had a fantastic weekend with our grandughter 3 year old
On the haven Thorpe park site nice site clean mostly very good staff and fantastic. Weather :Cool:
But :Angry:
The place was full of kids as you would expect at least half we think were visiting to attend a football week end tournament
I have never witnessed a display of pig ignorant foul mothed little b4sterds and that the parents the kids were worse even the staff were complaining we spoke to one lady who had worked there for 10 years and she commented its awfull parents just abandoning kids in amusement area while they went on piss in main bar we had kids trying to take toys of our little one taking coins out of game machines while we where playing and when we said anything you just got told to F off
Now to be fair some where polite and thought full kids and a pleasure to be around playing with our little one

But god the rest were just badly behaved scum and that's bad for me to say
We have stayed on many large sites camping and with motorhome but I have never witnessed anything as bad before

And fair play to staff they tried but fought a loosing battle I think that on Saturday and Sunday evening that they actually brought in extra security

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
Unfortunately this does happen quite a lot, seen it so many times. But as you have said there are a lot of good kids out there. It's a shame but some parents leave the kids to run riot while they go on the Pxxs.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
When Sophie was 2 now 15 we went to a haven site and loved the site but exactly the same as you say, sophie couldnt play as loads of kids running riot.Although the staff where doing a good job I pointed out to them that their company had signs up stating kids under 12 must be supervised by an adult. Staff asked what I thought they should do about it this amazed me, I told them tell all the kids to leave and get a parent. I will give them their due they did just that and I remember watching this little boy about 4 going to his dad and saying he wasn't allowed to play unless he went with him his dad turned round and told him to f**k off as he was watching footie.

Lorraine had to stop me going over and having words with him and it made me feel terrible for the wee boy but why should my daughter who was supervised suffer.

This happened the following night until I pointed it out to the staff again on the third night as we walked in the kids where told to leave, started to get a few funny looks by then but I enjoyed myself and more importantly so did Sophie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Only been once. In the school holidays. so the kids could have a swim and a bit off teenage fun , in the games area.
Never again . Full of chavvy scratters . :whatthe::Sad:
We went down to the entertainment area at 8pm. It was heaving .
We had seen families going down about 5pm , but didnt realise they were staking out tables.:ROFLMAO:
Kids running ammock without supervision.
Parents loud , really drunk and unaware of what the kids were up to.
It was horrible.
We stayed for an hour and a saw pre teen kid pinned down to the floor by security. He had a knee on the side of his face , and one on his chest, all this In the games area in front of children :Eeek:
On the way back to the Moho about 9.15pm(we couldn't stand it any longer ) ,we had to step around piles of sick:whatthe: discarded cans bottles and rubbish.
The only redeeming part was that we were only there 1 night. We had been put at the top of the touring area , well away from the statics .
Plus credit due , the staff had cleared up all the mess by the time we walked down to the shop the following morning.
The kids were glad to leave , never mind us.

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I was an arcade manager at a large haven site for 3 years, what the op says is right, kids being abandoned in the arcade area all night while their parent, parents or parent and one of many step dads gets slowly pissed on overpriced beer in one of the clubs, kids stealing money from machines, climbing into cranes and stealing the stock, chucking litter everywhere, swearing, kicking machines, annoying staff and when sent into the club back to their respective parent or parents, the parent would often come out into the arcade and confront me with, My son/daughter would not do that, you are laying and so on and usually result in the security guards kicking the whole family from the complex.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I went to a Haven site in Poole a few years back.

Our daughter was about 4 at the time.

It was great, we went on the piss and our daughter had a great time with the other kids::bigsmile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Very sorry to hear this , when my kids were small we used to go to haven every year and everyone loved it, but there was no problems like you say then but I am talking 20 to 30 years ago, thought of going again on one of the cheap weekends they do, cheaper than some ccc sites at times, but maybe not bother now.:Sad:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Veyy much like that prog last night on C4 SKINT

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/skint

a2b0b3fc-3adb-4973-8ff0-f4305cc93e47_625x352.jpg

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Absolutely nothing wrong with Cleethorpes, it is a lovely place, it's just the holiday makers that can spoil it! :Smile:

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I wanted to be fair about this
The site is well managed and clean and we did enjoy our selfs
The staff did say that it was very bad this weekend probably due to the football event being on and the amount of boys there for the event
And yes cleethorpes is not a bad old place
Elaine says we will try it again next year but away from a bank holiday and no sporting events on

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
And people wonder why Adult Only sites are on the increase :Eeek:

Surely its the Adults to blame though, so if these same Adults where on an Adult only site do you think they would be the ideal people to pitch next to.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Surely its the Adults to blame though, so if these same Adults where on an Adult only site do you think they would be the ideal people to pitch next to.

When we went , the people that were there , were there for the their holidays. All out for a good time , just like we all are when away. Maybe not just the same type of fun.

It looked like the worst offenders were staying in the statics. The ones that were the closest grouped together. Not the private lodge type ones.
They were a totally different breed to the regular touring campers , that had parked their motorhomes or caravans where we were. Those campers were equally shocked as us.
There were generations of them out en-mass . Tattooed pierced up old grandmas , middle aged mums , their daughters with a few great grandchildren thrown in for good measure . Effing and jeffing dropping sweet wrappers , screwed up fag cartons on the floor on the way down to the pub. Flicking tab ends willy nilly as they walked.

We knew the place was a bit ripe , as we had heard from other people. But because we were doing an East Coast tour , we thought a one night stay , mid week , our teenage kids might like the games area and disco etc. It was supposed to be a flagship resort and looked great online.
The kids hated the place too , well not the place itself , the people that were in it.
They walked about mouths agape for the afternoon and evening we were there. We had to tell them to stop looking at people as , i was worried we might get thumped.
It served its purpose. We all had a long hot shower ,washed and dried our hair , emptied the poop filled up the water , and the kids had their eyes opened to a Jeremy Kyle style holiday resort.:roflmto:
They still comment about it now. :Blush:
It could have been a one off bad group of holiday makers that happened to be there when we were. But we wouldn't go again. We were safely back in the motorhome by 9pm and off first thing in the morning.
Give us a CL any day.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
And people wonder why Adult Only sites are on the increase :Eeek:

School Holidays and long w/ends we only go to adult only sites. Our last visit to a Haven site was a disaster, the Guy in charge of the Tourer Section was an A/Hole, but to give them their due, the rest of the Staff were excellent .

Aug 29, 2012
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
since 2011
Very sorry to hear this , when my kids were small we used to go to haven every year and everyone loved it, but there was no problems like you say then but I am talking 20 to 30 years ago, thought of going again on one of the cheap weekends they do, cheaper than some ccc sites at times, but maybe not bother now.:Sad:

Don't let these posts put you off using Haven's bargain breaks, most of the dates are during school time so the little chavvies are not around!!.::bigsmile:

We have recently had a lovely few days at Havens Mablethorpe and we did not see many children at all and the staff were very friendly, we will certainly go again when these breaks are on offer again.

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
sites

Unfortunately this does happen quite a lot, seen it so many times. But as you have said there are a lot of good kids out there. It's a shame but some parents leave the kids to run riot while they go on the Pxxs.
yes they are noted for it at haven kids run wild with their parents blessing while their at the bar buying booze and smoking cigs and whatever pleases them. their first priority should be their kids. the blue dolphin site is just the same myself and sue avoid them like the plague steve:Angry:

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
We went to haven in Dorset last August. Daughter husband and twin grandchildren had a chalet. It cost us £569 for a piece of grass for a week. They are going to Haven at Prestatyn sands in July this year. We will be looking at nearby campsites.

Lin

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Our kids used to go on the piss and leave us to run riot. it was great we used to swear a lot at anyone and everything, nick toys, race screaming around other vans. Then it all went wrong the kids grew up, and things were never the same.

:cry::cry:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Makes me glad I am not a breeder :RollEyes:

My sister was regaling me with the costs in just one week of sending her kids to school (£400 if you are interested). My response of "Makes me glad I am not a breeder" got the response. Don't worry, the rest of the world is glad too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I walked into that one.:Doh:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We went to haven in Dorset last August. Daughter husband and twin grandchildren had a chalet. It cost us £569 for a piece of grass for a week. They are going to Haven at Prestatyn sands in July this year. We will be looking at nearby campsites.

Lin

We have stayed at the Prestatyn Site with the van a couple of times,. The camping area is just as you go onto the site, quite away from the static caravans, so could be worth seeing if you could get booked in there. If you have bikes I would take them as you ar at th beginning of a really good cycle track. Also The Ring Of Bells just down the road does a excellent carvery very reasonable.

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
We have stayed at the Prestatyn Site with the van a couple of times,. The camping area is just as you go onto the site, quite away from the static caravans, so could be worth seeing if you could get booked in there. If you have bikes I would take them as you ar at th beginning of a really good cycle track. Also The Ring Of Bells just down the road does a excellent carvery very reasonable.

Thanks Carol, looked at booking the site but apparently our MH is too big for their pitches. 8.67 metres. Seems ther is a site next door.

Lin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back