A wifi booster question for the boffins (1 Viewer)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We recently got a wifi booster from Motorhome Fun WiFi which we are really suited with for use on our laptop.
To use it there is a disc to load which gives us Realtex 11n USB wireless Lan

My question is we have now got an Android tablet is it possible to use the booster with this instead of the laptop and what download would it require.

Answers in single sylabuls please for a pair of old computer illiterate old farts

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
if this is usb alan then just plug and play the drivers on the cd you got may not work for adroid but you should be able to find drivers online for it if you have trouble send me the details of the boosters and i will try to get you drivers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
if this is usb alan then just plug and play the drivers on the cd you got may not work for adroid but you should be able to find drivers online for it if you have trouble send me the details of the boosters and i will try to get you drivers

If I get stuck will you drive my RV for me Bill?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I'll follow this with interest having just unpacked mine and stowed it safely away for our trip to Dover tomorrow, just a thought but I've got the omni-directional version so does it need to clear the roof for a signal, not sure I can reach that far up with no ladder? :Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We recently got a wifi booster from Motorhome Fun WiFi which we are really suited with for use on our laptop.
To use it there is a disc to load which gives us Realtex 11n USB wireless Lan

My question is we have now got an Android tablet is it possible to use the booster with this instead of the laptop and what download would it require.

Answers in single sylabuls please for a pair of old computer illiterate old farts

I think your tablet will just pick it up on wifi, then just follow the MHW instructions.

I have only used it on an iPad and after a bit of initial faffing it's straightforward now.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Don't know about your set up but I can use my pointy thing connected to the laptop and can connect to this with my Note 2 via the wi fi connection via ConnectifyMe software.

JJ :Cool:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I'll follow this with interest having just unpacked mine and stowed it safely away for our trip to Dover tomorrow, just a thought but I've got the omni-directional version so does it need to clear the roof for a signal, not sure I can reach that far up with no ladder? :Smile:
depends, do you have an aluminium van or a Tupperware box. Ali will definitely screen it quite a bit

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

I'm afraid an android tablet (or iPad, or smart phone etc) cannot support any make of USB based WiFi antenna connected directly via a cable, these are only suitable for use with full size computers.

What you could do is share the connection from your laptop to your android tablet via your laptops built in WiFi card, which is unused while you are using an external USB antenna.

This does mean you need to take your laptop with you and have it on when you want to use your tablet, of course.

You can do this via Windows ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) but we recommend Connectify as its a bit easier. Link Removed

If I can be of any further help, please let me know.

Adam

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
my omni doesnt need to be clear of anything most times i use it from inside the van picking up signals with no problems you should always plug them in 1st and try them without the disk provided some disks can change your settings causin problem not all systems need the disks to be loads or drivers as i said i think alan what you needed was a mifi not a wifi

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back