mrhappydog

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner IT728G
Exp
Ok Boys and Girls. Where is cheap and nice for a month or two in sunny Spain in July and August?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Kids break up in Spain early July and site fees increase dramaticaly. Earl July Camping Cheque and Acsi 16 euros max a night. Same site late July and Aug 35 to50 euros. In Aug most Spanish are on holiday and sites are rammed.If you have not been on a Spanish site full of Spanish in Aug you would not believe the noise, the state off the showers and loos and how many children. After 15 th of July inland France best bet but sites still expensive. A C.Club or Camping and Caravan rally may be your best bet. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Would agree - keep away from the Spanish Costas in July they are heaving, unless you can find a reasonable site that is, but would reckon a good one is going to be expensive!
We did Sierra de Segura in August, a strip of national park in Spain. We were able to wild camp at a river and there were some campsites as well but they were still 20E+ for two of us.
If you've got 2 months why not consider Croatia? Still gonna have to pay for camp sites but it's good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Have to agree on above..
Spain in late July and through August is very busy.. Prices shoot up and sites can be very expensive.. Combine that with the heat and it may not be the relaxing place you. thought it was...

Thats why I guess the majority of us go there in Spring, Autum and winter and tend to go UK and north Europe in summer..

Have a look at vayacamping.net and check out some site prices..

However you may find the camper parks / private aires are quiet...
There is one near Benidorm called orange grove and they were doing some cheap rates for the summer...
Here it is... May to Sept. €10 a night inc electric...
http://www.orangegrovecamperpark.com/services.php

Last edited:

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I see Benidorm gets a mention. We wild camp in the centre. Nobody seems to mind if you find a quiet cul de sac and just park up.

I also like the fact that the police take considerable interest in keeping the place safe.

When we were robbed near Barcelona we were duty bound to report it to the police so that the insurance would kick in. When we reported it in Benidorm they actually wanted to try and solve the crime. We were interviewed, they wanted to check the van over for fingerprints. I could not believe it.

I was expecting a British response "there's not a lot we can do."

Having said all that, don't risk it in Barcelona.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
do the north coast cantarbria ,asturia ,galecia . be lovely up there . best area of spain .
visit the pecos de europa . etc
get a cepsa mapamax map (amazon)virtually follow the n634 or n632 .do lots of small roads to the coast .but mainly hug the sea .
go up then625near ribadesella to the picos ,then down the 621 on the way back . lovely . do you have room for a small one .i love it there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Have to agree on above..
Spain in late July and through August is very busy.. Prices shoot up and sites can be very expensive.. Combine that with the heat and it may not be the relaxing place you. thought it was...

Thats why I guess the majority of us go there in Spring, Autum and winter and tend to go UK and north Europe in summer..

Have a look at vayacamping.net and check out some site prices..

However you may find the camper parks / private aires are quiet...
There is one near Benidorm called orange grove and they were doing some cheap rates for the summer...
Here it is... May to Sept. €10 a night inc electric...
http://www.orangegrovecamperpark.com/services.php

What a lovely site this looks, we are thinking of doing Spain over winter, and can think of worse places to be.
:Cool:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
What a lovely site this looks, we are thinking of doing Spain over winter, and can think of worse places to be.
:Cool:

LOOKS A LOT BETTER THAN IT IS. BIT ISOLATED AND NO STREET LIGHTING OUTSIDE. TO CATCH A BUS INTO BENIDORM OR ALBIR IS A HIKE THROUGH THE ORANGE GROVES TO MAIN ROAD. OK IN DAYLIGHT. WE STAYED ON ALMAFRA NEAR ALFAZ LAST WINTER. Nice site, good bar and restaurant and only 100 yards from bus or tram stop. Bus every 15 mins to Benidorm or Altir via Albir. Last bus in winter 2230 from ALTIR AND BENIDORM. They take Camping Cheque all year. Entertainment a couple of nights a week. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back