Filling your water tank (1 Viewer)

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi first to travel with water in or not! !! its your personel chioce but watch your weight:RollEyes: thats another thread!!::bigsmile:

I always travel empty and fill up on site this is my personel view i only use my on board water tank for washing / toilet/ washing pots and pans ! i carry a water jerry for drinking out off.
Because off this i use a standard coil hose with a snap on with a replacment water
cap [ below pic!] makes filling no spills [well nearly!!:winky:] you will need to watch the level from inside:winky: [ let the wife do something for a change:roflmto:].. To empty before returning home drain off when you drop yor grey water has well!!

RAY

Last edited:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: If you have an American RV and you are a Wild Camper too? Perhaps you do not have a 5 mile length of hose to connect to a tap? In that case use 4 to 8 litre bottles. Two to a back pack and cycle to the nearest water point. Fill up the bottles and cycle back with them. When you are putting them into the tank you may need to create some form of pressure to force the water down the pipe and into the tank. You can put the bottles on the roof or hold them aloft out of the window. The pressure increase 1/2lb per sq in for every foot of fall. You may find that a funnel is handy rather than trying to drip feed the water out of the bottle into the pipe. :roflmto:

:Cool: Works for us. Good exercise too.:winky:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi I forgot ......... have fitting for all types off taps.... screw type / normal/ hose lock/

RAY:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
For those with RVs and large Euro vans who don't want to move to fill up, take plenty of hoses, we carry a total of 70mt in three lengths, 30, 25 and 15 mts , never had to move George yet to fill up.. and if I came across that situation .,. I'd buy more, you can never have too much hose or connectors or indeed hook up lead.. :winky:
I'm not into water carrying.. that's for the natives and JSW :roflmto::roflmto:

Upvote 0

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
We also carry an Aquaroll (as beloved of tuggers) and I've modded a little 12v sub pump to drop into the Aquaroll and pump the water into the Adrias water tank. Beats having to cycle somewhere with bottles on your back, although you do have to roll the aquaroll using Shanks pony (or attach it to the rear of a cycle to roll along beind as I've seen some do, if you must!). Helps if the water source is a long way from the van and your hoses are too short. The 12v pump (with a cig lighter plug) is powered via a Mobitronic 12v - 240v unit which plugs into the vans elec.

Also second Rays idea that you should have all the available tap adapters - sods law = whichever one you don't have is the one you will need. Don't pack them under a mountain of stuff in the outside lockers though - keep them near your filler cap with the hose(s).

:Smile:

Laurie

Upvote 0

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
We also carry an Aquaroll (as beloved of tuggers) and I've modded a little 12v sub pump to drop into the Aquaroll and pump the water into the Adrias water tank. Beats having to cycle somewhere with bottles on your back, although you do have to roll the aquaroll using Shanks pony (or attach it to the rear of a cycle to roll along beind as I've seen some do, if you must!).

:roflmto: You should have seen them last week at Barkston Heath with the Aquaroll hooked over the Tow hook of a car/SUV etc. They were flying everywhere. Almost as entertaining as the Aeroplanes. :roflmto:

:Cool: BTW. Pulling an Aquaroll 6 miles shanks or otherwise isn't a laughing matter. Hence the back packs and bikes. :winky:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back