Weather conditions in Northern France (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
If I was you at the mo stay in the UK....it is Peeeeing it down and has been raining on and off for the last 3 or 4 days and cold with it....
I don't what its like down mid or south of France....
But here about 100miles south of Calais....it is not good:Doh::cry:

Mel

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Its also very windy though sunny in spain down Alicante way. Sister has just sent me a pic from her beach bar at campoamor, it looks a glorious day but due to the wind the beach is deserted

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Mel,
Weather here on the island very cold and windy ,grey sky's forecast rain later.
How's the wife now ,hopefully on the mend. Can't wait to get over there but its September so we hope the weather then will have improved.
All the best to you both . Terry:sin::rain:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
In Belgium its awfull.
This morning hale at 05:30

Very heavy rain from 09:00 till 11:30

Now windy.

Not fit to send a dog out ,

Wife at work:ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Just take the dog out for a walk.

Ski jacket on,

Driving rain

Strong winds

Love it you gotta, you can't change it. :thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Never seen such a bad weather ...we had 3°C this morning + strong winds + rain most of the time ! Having right now a ray of sun but indeed ever soooooo depressing. It will be sunny on Sunday (So i'll have my sunday walk with all the trekkers of my club)and then rain again most of the week ! Weather is making the headlines on all papers. Everyone sound sad, depressed,and tired.

I don't know why God is so sad ...I just hope HE will quickly stop crying...it's contagious and honestly I'm fed up to get wet with all his tears!!!

Amicalement

Frankie:Sad:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
"No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes" bah humbug, if I knew who said it I might have to slap them. Cold wet and windy in Dorset as well.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well here in Cornwall it's cold, wet and very windy, however I don't care as I have the heating on a cup of tea and the internet, so it can do whatever it likes outside in my world the sky is blue it's warm and I can go anywhere I like................. Perfect

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Warm & Sunny in Argyll if a little windy, wind is due to be lighter this afternoon with sunshine till Monday!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Frankie, better get your act together, we're hitting Calais two weeks today! It's sunny here in Stranraer but only 13C at present.

We really are looking forward to France regardless of the weather, heading toward Carcassone this year.

Glad you enjoyed your Scottish trip.

Rgds
Bill

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
If I was you at the mo stay in the UK....it is Peeeeing it down and has been raining on and off for the last 3 or 4 days and cold with it....

Mel

A piece out of a french paper:Doh:

Tornado, snow and stormy weather

AFTER a holiday weekend of snow, torrents of rain, storm winds and even a water-spout, forecasters say that the moche filthy weather over most of France will continue until the end of the month. :Eeek:

Last edited:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Been the coldest, greyest Spring I've seen in France. In the Dordogne we've had 2 days of t shirt weather. Garden is saturated and had to be towed off yesterday.

Now near Tours, on our way home. Hoorrrraaaayyyyyyyyy!!:ROFLMAO:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hey Mel do you want the Soggies to come over sooner than planned and change your bad run of weather.

We are sat on our Kate's pub carpark with 14volts in the batteries WITHOUT ehu

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Sat in McDonalds at Honfleur where its blowing a gale, cold and wet. From the previous posts it looks like there is no escape.:Eeek:

Deleted User
Been back in S.Brittany near La Baule for two weeks and while it has been colder than normal for this time of year we have not had much rain. Heavy rain one night and showers on about 4 days, mostly cloudy with occasional sunny spells, managed to use the BBQ 3 times and mown the grass, trimmed the hedges etc.

Cloudy and windy today with a short shower so far temp 17.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Frankie, better get your act together, we're hitting Calais two weeks today! It's sunny here in Stranraer but only 13C at present.

We really are looking forward to France regardless of the weather, heading toward Carcassone this year.

Glad you enjoyed your Scottish trip.

Rgds
Bill

Hi Bill!

If you wish/need to stop at my place send me a PM i'll give you my address and phone. Toulouse is on your way to Carcassonne, and I'm not far from the 4 lanes(périphérique).
Even if i'm only free after 6.30 at the moment on working days , it'll be my pleasure to have a drink (or 2 or 3 as would Mo say:winky:) with you!

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hey Mel do you want the Soggies to come over sooner than planned and change your bad run of weather.

We are sat on our Kate's pub carpark with 14volts in the batteries WITHOUT ehu

Well Alan ...you can only improove the weather we are having at the mo:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
weather in france

Hi folks were in Adge at the moment & its sunny with cloud but very windy so judging by the rest oof you i think we will stay here for a while happy travels Rod

Apr 8, 2008
Snaith
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nineteen years
The weather in the algarve is good,22 degree's light winds no sign of rain at all made it down before it got that bad, keep driving south.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Here in la Rochelle, windy but dry temps about 10 at the moment, going to view the harbor and beaches later today do hope winds die down, Sun out occasionally.
Sods law we decided to come when they are having the worse weather for years!

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
The sun is out the sky is blue there is not a cloud to spoil the view.............. now all we need is heat loads of heat....... Warming up a little. Might go surfing this afternoon on my dreams!!!

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Smashing today... SUNNY.....blue skies::bigsmile:..still cool-ish

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
It's still hell here! We're even having hail storms !!

It's been snowing in the Massif Central and on the Vosges !

Heater is on and I wear a turtleneck thick jumper! If only it could stop people from coming to the Stadium but no... Ah well , quickly comes October , it'll be hot and sunny I bet :RollEyes:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Very sunny here today! What a change and hope it lasts over the weekend.

Kath & Howie

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
weather in the south of France

we were in Carcassonne yesterday - sun, rain, hailstones and wind - did I forget cold?

We've moved down to near Dizier and yes, the sun is mostly shining but the wind is blowing and it's far from warm although people are sitting outside their vans in short sleeves. Soooo disappointing. We're in our second week now and it's all been bad. We have about 2 1/2 more weeks - surely it must change soon? I hear Russia has 28C.

We're also worried we'll run out of gas as we've had the gas heater on most mornings which we didn't expect to have to do. On free electric at the moment so will take every advantage - electric kettle, little oven and fan heater. Not many Funsters around - where are you all?

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
re Agde

Hi folks were in Adge at the moment & its sunny with cloud but very windy so judging by the rest oof you i think we will stay here for a while happy travels Rod

We're not far from Agde at the moment (Dizier). Is Agde worth a visit. Good aires? Haven't planned our next move yet but have Millau in mind. Any advice anyone?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Just driven from Alencon ( found vet as on here, excellent and half price I paid last year!) to south of Rouens. driven through sun (fleeting) rain, thunder, lightning and hailstones. Poured as I arrived on ACSI site for night so got soaked connecting electric and now sun has come out. No it's gone again!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We're not far from Agde at the moment (Dizier). Is Agde worth a visit. Good aires? Haven't planned our next move yet but have Millau in mind. Any advice anyone?

Very big 35 van plus aire in town centre. Very busy though. ::bigsmile:

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp

Mel
We're near Diziers on the Med and cold here too although we've seen a lot of sun today for a change. Chilly strong wind. Not what we were expecting, Carcasonne yesterday was sun/rain/hail and wind - AND COLD

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back