Hello from the Yorkshire Dales! (1 Viewer)

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Been in the Dales for nearly a week, weather has been on the whole pretty good. We spent yesterday in Hawes, went to the Wensleydale Creamery and the weather was gorgeous, blue skies and lots of sun:thumb:
Last night it turned quite cold, glad we've still got the winter duvet on:roflmto:
Today we've had rain, hail, but sunny at the moment.

We've been on the Lower Wensleydale CC site since last Friday. Great little pub with open fire, just a 10 minute walk from the site, ideal:thumb:
Just a shame it doesn't do food as well.

The site is starting to fill up for the weekend now, but we'll move on Saturday, time to get back home probably, as all the sites in the surrounding area are fully-booked for the weekend and still haven't plucked up courage to wild-camp:Sad:

Have a great weekend wherever you are, hope the weather's not too bad for you :Smile:
Margaret & Bill

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Why dont you go back to Hawes and have a night at the cattle ground ? If your a member of the CCC you can stay , whenever .
There are loos , elsan and tap thats it. No hook up. They have an honesty box for the £5 a night fee.
But its not exactly wild camping if your worried about doing that.
Its so close to the village and you have everything you need there. Try the curry cottage , if you haven't before , and like curry.
Its not as nice as our local Kashmiri Aroma curry house , but worth a visit.
Or you could drive up to Station Inn at Ribblesdale viaduct. Free if your eating or drinking. Same deal there , but no phone signal if your leaving anyone at home and need to keep in touch. Good pub food and real ale too.
We love it around the Dales.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
My favourite place in the world hawes creamery Wensleydale cheese the holy pilgrimage 4 times a year and coming soon

What's this about cattle ground and ccc I didn't know you could overnight there
Is it only members?
Please enlighten me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi Ralph and Bev, thanks for your message and the information about the catttle ground in Hawes. We're not members of the C & CC, but would certainly look into this. Like the sound of the Station Inn at Ribblesdale, we'll keep that in mind as well. The idea of curry and real ale has just brought a smile to Bill's face::bigsmile:

We didn't realise until we got to Hawes that Wednesday was the local half day holiday. We got parked in the car park behind the rope works without any problem, but think we might have struggled during busier times.

We've discovered a small site behind the pub (The Pheasant Inn) close to Lower Wensleydale, no hardstandings, but at only £12 a night it sounds good for our next trip down.

Margaret & Bill

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
the dales

hi there the dales are a luvly place to go back in time and no rat race we would wild camp but sue is a bit sceptical about it I think she thinks its better in numbers.its a nice cloudy cold grey morning in Normanton that's near wakefield [for those who don't know the area] this morning oh to be in England now that summers here who ever said that? steve n sue:thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
What's this about cattle ground and ccc I didn't know you could overnight there
Is it only members?
Please enlighten me
Yes, CCC members only. Honesty box at the back of the portacabin. We've even turned up when theres been a rally on with another type of group .
Infact thats when we decided to join the MCC. Handy group to be with in the winter months. They only pick suitable grounds for rallies.
We go out regularly with various D.A's. on rallies ( district associations in the CCC )
Theres usually a get together every weekend if you want to get away. We might be off this weekend somewhere but haven't decided yet. Just Saturday and Sunday night as Ralph has a job Saturday morning.
DA rallies are very cheap and usually very basic in a lovely spot. Just how we like it.
You dont have to mingle you can just do your own thing ,or you can throw yourself into thick of it. Without feeling under any pressure to do either.:thumb: We think its very worth the money joining.

Steve and Sue its wet and very windy in Wrenthorpe this morning too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
hi there the dales are a luvly place to go back in time and no rat race we would wild camp but sue is a bit sceptical about it I think she thinks its better in numbers.its a nice cloudy cold grey morning in Normanton that's near wakefield [for those who don't know the area] this morning oh t be in England now that summers here who ever said that? steve n sue:thumb:

We're still on the Lower Wensleydale site, wakened to strong gusty winds and torrential rain:Sad: First time the van has rocked slightly, this was down to the wind and nothing else........believe me:roflmto:
We might walk down and get the bus into Bedale later. Hopefully it will clear up later:pray:
Margaret & Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back