Free Member
May 22, 2013
Bolton
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
Hi, just a hi from a newbie who's looking for a motor home, i have joined for the advice and assistance. looking forward to having lots of questions to quiz you all.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
We are also in Bolton. We only ever wild camp, which means staying away from official campsites. We have a short motorhome that is wide enough to sleep across. In my opinion the big motorhomes can not travel on the narrow roads in much of the Lake district.

I might upset a few people but I would never go for a fixed bed, a toilet and shower is essential and only go for a satellite tv.

GaryW

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
Fleetwood, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
We are only down the road from you, in Oldham.Welcome and ask away, someone on here will know the answer/or will find the answer to all your questions.:Smile:

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
Welcome

Anyone from Dibnah land is most wellcome. I learned recently his traction engine has been bought locally by the owner of Oliver valves a local company:welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Now you know more about Fred Dibnah, gin and tonic and Oliver Valves (not that local). Where else could you get such valuable insight into your MH questions.

I've been reading "How to win friends and influence people"

Not as good as "When can it do Errands?"

Who wrote that you ask.... Me

albeano

Free Member
May 13, 2012
bolton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years
Hi, just a hi from a newbie who's looking for a motor home, i have joined for the advice and assistance. looking forward to having lots of questions to quiz you all.

Hi Also from Bolton well Horwich actually, near enough i think. Youve made a good choice for advice and assistance here.

If you are looking for motorhome i suggest take your time, visit as many shows (and dealers) as you can and look in as many vans of differant layouts and sizes. Imagine yourself living in it, sit on the toilet (dry run of course) go in the shower close the door, practice washing, is it big enough? can you pick up the soap?

What about storage, have you enough? how many people you accomodating for travelling and sleeping ? payload etc etc.

Whilst looking we actually had two trips in hired motorhomes of different layouts thus fine tuning what suited us best. Your eventual motorhome will probably be a compromise on your wishlist anyway, and hiring 1st may help to decide what features work best for you. No one can tell you that.

Anyway enjoy your hunting, dont forget if youve any questions, even if you think its a stupid one weve all been 1st timers all had blonde moments, ask away.

ps If theres many more of us from Bolton we could have our own rally somewhere.....perhaps called the Bolton......Wanderers! :Blush:

OP
OP
P

Plople

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Bolton
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
question

We are also in Bolton. We only ever wild camp, which means staying away from official campsites. We have a short motorhome that is wide enough to sleep across. In my opinion the big motorhomes can not travel on the narrow roads in much of the Lake district.

I might upset a few people but I would never go for a fixed bed, a toilet and shower is essential and only go for a satellite tv.

so wild camping is still on a site but not official ones?
or is it just pulling up anywhere and staying for the night?

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
Now you know more about Fred Dibnah, gin and tonic and Oliver Valves (not that local). Where else could you get such valuable insight into your MH questions.

I've been reading "How to win friends and influence people"

Not as good as "When can it do Errands?"

Who wrote that you ask.... Me

I should have added local to me that is sorry.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
:welcome:Welcome to fun. Our 'new' to us van is coming from Bury. Does that qualify us for the 'Wanderers'? :winky:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to motorhome fun, to use the forum to get as much information as you need. :welcomefunster:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, there has in the past been a lot of hot air spouted about wild camping and wild parking. Camping suggests setting up a camp, putting out chairs and tables etc and not many places you can legally do that in England thats for sure. Wild parking however means parking anywhere but a campsite, could be a layby, industrial estate, housing estate, car park, supermarket carpark or a supurb beach location but nothing is outside of your van, therefor you are parked not camping. Wilding is usually restricted to one night per location and preferablly not with a bunch of other vans.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back