Newbie looking for a van with four bunk beds (1 Viewer)

JulianJ

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
none yet
Exp
Hi All,

Just joined the forum, looking for some advice & opinions please! We're looking for our first family motorhome. We have four young children & are looking for a van that has four fixed bunk beds in the rear, & a double bed over the cab. ie 6 fixed beds, and 6 travelling seats with seat-belts. We would like a single axle vehicle.

After many hours of searching the internet, the only suitable vehicle we found is the Rimor Koala 50

Nice as it is, it's way over our budget. Would anyone be able o give us any pointers on a van with the same layout as the Rimor but in the £20-£25,000 territory? Or is this completely unrealistic?

Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards, Julian

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
Hi All,

Just joined the forum, looking for some advice & opinions please! We're looking for our first family motorhome. We have four young children & are looking for a van that has four fixed bunk beds in the rear, & a double bed over the cab. ie 6 fixed beds, and 6 travelling seats with seat-belts. We would like a single axle vehicle.

After many hours of searching the internet, the only suitable vehicle we found is the Rimor Koala 50

Nice as it is, it's way over our budget. Would anyone be able o give us any pointers on a van with the same layout as the Rimor but in the £20-£25,000 territory? Or is this completely unrealistic?

Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards, Julian

Well done on finding that, i couldnt think of any myself...:Doh:

I am sure if they are out there then the gang here will let you know.:thumb:

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Looking at that rimor it does not look like it has 4 bunk beds. It sleeps 6 but not in bunks.

The only thing I can think of is that you would get two bunks a cab and make up the dinette in to a bed.

The CI 656 would do that but you may find it quite cramped for so any of you although it's single axle with 4 belts and in your budget.
The auto roller do a similar model.

I am only aware of one van that has a triple bunk and that's a frankia. Although very pricey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I very much doubt you will find what you are looking for as far as 4 bunks go. We only had 3 children but as they got older were not so keen to share a double bed even in separate sleeping bags. We bought a privacy room for our wind out awning and put either the inner tent in it or two of the pop up tents. The children loved being outside. We now have a 6 berth that has a huge overcab, bunks and a double dinette. The single dinette is fine for a child under 5 foot, this may be more up your street. GTI Mizar living would be a good older model to look for in your price range. ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes.. well done on finding that.. It's something a bit special you are after....
Maybe the Rimor superbrig ??/ No certain but these may be the model before so older and cheaper....

Remember you need to be aware of payload and your weights.. Even small kids and all their stuff add's up on the weight issue. Lots of info about that on here if you read up..

My consern about the layout would be very little space for people to sit when not travelling and especially on a rainy day... There are vans with rear "u" lounges that convert into a huge bed and a dinette area up front. So 2 at the back, 2 up top over cab and 2 in the dinette bed..:thumb: BUT then the seatbelt issue becomes a problem as not many vans come with 6 belts.. There are some but you need to shop about to find them..

Good luck..

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Looking at that rimor it does not have 4 bunk beds. It sleeps six but not in bunks.

The only thing I can think of is that you would get two bunks a cab and make up the dinette in to a bed.

The CI 656 would do that but you may find it quite cramped for so any of you although it's single axle with 4 belts and in your budget.
The auto roller do a similar model.

I am only aware of one van that has a triple bunk and that's a frankia. Although very pricey.

The spec says sleeps 8 !!! the rear bunks are 2 each side at the rear, 2 in the overhead and 2 in the dinette area..

Upvote 0

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Looking at that rimor it does not have 4 bunk beds. It sleeps six but not in bunks.

I thought that on looking at the photos but they are of different models. According to the diagram the Koala 50 does sleep 8 with 2 sets of bunks at the rear, and 2 double beds at the front. Never seen anything like that before! :Smile:

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I thought that on looking at the photos but they are of different models. According to the diagram the Koala 50 does sleep 8 with 2 sets of bunks at the rear, and 2 double beds at the front. Never seen anything like that before! :Smile:

Another closer look does show it sleeps 8. I am unaware of anything else like that...I would love to see the payloads of some of these too. :Smile:

Upvote 0

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
I am going to make the assumption, that you already have a vehicle that carries 6 people!

therefore my advice would be to look at buying a caravan!!!!!!!!!!!!:Eeek:

Upvote 0

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Try a Sunlight A69, rear bunks, front dinette plus large over cab bed. Can sleep 7 and has 6 belts.
Also on transit base.

Pete:Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

JulianJ

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
none yet
Exp
Thank you all for taking the time to post, looks like I've got a bit more research & decision making to do!

Really appreciate the helpful info!

Kind Regards

Julian

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back