Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
I have a Logik TV which is powered vis the mains with a 12v DC in. Is there a way I can adapt the connection to power it up from a 12v supply in the motorhome? I have looked for a cable from the supplier but they only seem to supply the mains cable - which makes me think it can't be done. Thanks

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You can get 12v input leads but you have to make sure you get the polarity right, Maplins should have some or some of the sheds

Peter

G8WVW

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 on/off
Yes is the answer.

Have Logik TV; just happened to have a cable with the right plug in a junk which works absolutely fine. Just make sure you have a fuse in there somewhere. Mine is 5A; wouldn't suggest anything larger.

Probably voiding the warranty doing this so if it breaks, don't let on it was powered by a 12V battery :)

Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RogeTeri

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Tried Malpins and another supplier but neither carry a 12v cable. I was wondering whether or not I could simply use the mains cable and simply put a cigarette plug on the end with the existing TV plug on the other? Would appreciate advice from any sparkles out there before I electrocute myself!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Roger,

If you are referring to the TV I saw in your MH whilst at P/boro, then yes, as I advised at the time, (and others have since confirmed), you can operate it directly from 12v.
Take your 240v mains input connector to a TV repair shop, and they can either supply the same connector, or make up a 12v lead for you.

Good luck,

Jock. :Smile:

OP
OP
RogeTeri

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Hi Jock, no it's not the same one, that one is working fine. I'm packing up ready to go to Portugal. When I got to pack this TV I noticed that it is a 12v and was wondering if I could get it to work. As you know the TV in there is fixed in the living area and I thought I might fix this one in the rear bed area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Jock, no it's not the same one, that one is working fine.
Ah good. Glad to hear it Roger. :thumb:

I'm packing up ready to go to Portugal. When I got to pack this TV I noticed that it is a 12v and was wondering if I could get it to work. As you know the TV in there is fixed in the living area and I thought I might fix this one in the rear bed area.
Same again Roger, ie, if you can identify what type of plug fits the 12v input socket on the TV, you can make op a 12v lead for it. :Smile:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Link Removed
is that what u need

Feb 20, 2012
Southbourne, Bournemouth.
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 712SB
Exp
15 years
Logik TV/DVD Combo

Hi Everyone!

The Logik range seem to be ideal for 12v use. I went to a Dixons/Curry's Digital store last year after refusing to spend extortionate amounts of money on a 'Motorhome' TV. I asked the young assistant for a 12v TV and was told they don't sell them. I knew that obviously, but when I explained about the power packs of most TVs being a lower voltage she happily rummaged around all the display units until she found one. To my delight, she announced that she had in stock an LED TV/DVD version with built-in Freeview which I could have for the same price (£130!).
Add to that the fact that she included a 3 year accidental damage warranty in my package (in case it falls off the cupboard in your motorhome...) and all in the garden was rosy.
I rummaged around at home until I found a defunct power pack with the same plug, made myself a 12v lead and then hard-wired it into the system. This gives me the option of having battery power when required and the supplied transformer if I ever take it out of the camper. Wall mounted it on a tilt/swivel flat screen mount so it folds back out of the way when travelling and job's a good 'un.

If anyone in the South Bucks area needs some help with this sort of thing I am happy to give advice/assistance. Might even be able to find you a plug in my vast supply of old power packs! :)

Cheers. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back