Parc Verger (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Sailing from Hull to Zeebrugge on Sunday and heading south. We hope to visit Parc Verger for the first time and spend a few days sampling the hospitality. We have read so much about this site we are looking forward to a visit. Hope to arrive there on Tuesday pm.
Afterwards we, as usual, have no plans and just intend to roam and enjoy for 7 weeks. Any funsters down there and can give me a weather update please??

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We have just visited (Easter time) and were going to stay a couple of days. Stayed for a week and loved it.

I am sure Bob, Di and Mike will look after you. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We are currently a bit further South at Avignon and both last night and the previous night experienced around 50 to 60 mm of torrential rain.
Thanks for the rain thing.
We had a whiteout yesterday morning and 2 degrees. Hope the rain will have moved away before we arrive.
If weather bad we will just have to keep travelling.
Many Thanks,
Wilf

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi. Currently in Neuvic, Dordogne It's been raining all day and has been most of the time for the last few days.

Not looking good:-

http://www.thelocal.fr/20130521/weather-men-bring-more-bad-news-for-france#.UZuIncr2C-0

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
we were at parc verger for a couple of days 3 weeks ago.
We visited oradane sur glan whilst we were there - worth a visit.
my blog is posted on here if you want to see where we stayed on the way down etc... this was the first camp site we stayed at used aires for all the other nights.
There is a lovely aire at Bantome a few miles from parc verger, on a river & nice town to walk around.
unfortunetly we had bad weather almost all of the way down through france, headed for portugal but not much better there.
Now sitting in an Aires near Almeria, Spain, with rain bucketing down outside -- hopefully weather changing for the better tomorrow

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
It's pouring down nearly everywhere in France!
I think the last time we had such a weather (it had snowed in Toulouse in May) Yannick was 6 and Steph was 5 . So 21 years ago!

I hope we'll have some improvement as everyone get depressed and the toddlers get mad to stay in. Fortunatly I have the gymnasium to let them run and shout!... Big sheltered school yard ::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I know it is BAD to gloat but...

It is warm and sunny here today again...

Off to QMJ tomorrow to be at one with the land...

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
It's pouring down nearly everywhere in France!
I think the last time we had such a weather (it had snowed in Toulouse in May) Yannick was 6 and Steph was 5 . So 21 years ago!

I hope we'll have some improvement as everyone get depressed and the toddlers get mad to stay in. Fortunatly I have the gymnasium to let them run and shout!... Big sheltered school yard ::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:
Thanks for that. We arrived at parc verger today after a journey from hell from zeebrugge.
Stopped on aire on way to be met by people giving up and heading home weeks early.
Lovely warm welcome from Bob and Di, the site is a credit to them. We are having a couple of days to see if the light in the sky appears then decide where to venture.
This is a very beautiful area, pity the weather isn't giving it justice.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Have you met Steph at Meerkat Mansions and her paid dogsbody/driver/egg pickler/handy [STRIKE]man[/STRIKE] person/ it....

He is friendly enough, just dont mention Marmite , he can get a bit edgy,,, Steph is a delight and a nice person to spend some time with, makes great Yorkshire puds. He is ok, still struggling to be fully house trained.,..

Remember Andrea next door and her eggs and adorable goats (see ...dogsbody/driver/egg pickler/handy [STRIKE]man[/STRIKE] person/ it....)....

ShiftZZ

PS, Ken is one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back