lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just been sent this link and although no good to me I thought it might be for someone who doesn't have an oven in their van.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I was in the same predicament, but Johns Cross came to my rescue with the Kampa Roastmaster oven and hob. Its great as it has 2 rings on top and the oven is very good. I have fitted it into the garage with its own gas bottle and, but it can be removed in a couple of minutes and set up outside if desired. I find it useful fore frying and when using the pressure cooker so that no cooking smells are in the van.

Attachments

• Roastmaster oven 004.jpg
    Roastmaster oven 004.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Roastmaster oven 002.jpg
    Roastmaster oven 002.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 27

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-Premium-Replaceable-WARRANTY/dp/B0057WJ4G2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369135041&sr=8-1&keywords=halogen+oven"]Andrew James 12 LTR Black Premium Halogen Oven Cooker + Easily Replaceable Spare Bulb + 2 YEAR WARRANTY + 128 Page Recipe Book - Complete With Extender Ring (Up to 17 Litres) Lid Holder, Baking Tray, Steamer Tray, Skewers, Low and High Racks: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home[/ame]
thats all ya need and smaller

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi snowy . that looks good what you have .
cant use halogen where some of us go . even a campsite would be unable to work it . the selotape on the campsite wiring would smoke .
i find using a household cooker 4 rings oven with built in grill actually can be very in expensive to buy . i think mine was hundred quid 13 years ago.
its unfortunate that as soon as you say camping or boats the prices rocket .
in the past i liked baby bellings . but they got expensive .
still see a few for sale

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
hi snowy . that looks good what you have .
cant use halogen where some of us go . even a campsite would be unable to work it . the selotape on the campsite wiring would smoke .
i find using a household cooker 4 rings oven with built in grill actually can be very in expensive to buy . i think mine was hundred quid 13 years ago.
its unfortunate that as soon as you say camping or boats the prices rocket .
in the past i liked baby bellings . but they got expensive .
still see a few for sale

Its a cracking bit of kit Al, and the beauty of it is its free standing and therefore can be put anywhere. The problem many have when buying an imported van is there is never an oven in them. With the garage setup I can do must of the cooking outside without steam or smells inside the van. I have a 15kg bottle secured in the garage which runs both the oven and the 3 way chest freezer that sits just behind it. I use the pressure cooker a lot and the chip pan instead of one of those deep fryer things so it works great for me. Uses very little gas, as am still on a Moroccan bottle since installing the oven and freezer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i use pressure cooker alot as well .for chips i use a wok then tip the oil back into the bottle when cool .
its always amazed me why so many use so much leccy stuff .
mind i do use 240v fridge .
but have never used the ehu i fitted . i thought when building it might be useful but now i just think a waste of money.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back