Free Member
Apr 27, 2012
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2005
Being lazy as I am I keep wondering every time I start winding down my stablizers if there's anything made battery run to do it for me, and I don't mean taking a battery operated drill and socket with me either.

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
I've heard of hydraulic levelling jacks that can be fitted to each corner of the vehicle. Dunno how much they cost... I'm guessing not cheap but depending on just how much you dislike hand winding they might be what you desire! :thumb:

Simon

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Never used them,but do have air suspension:Smile:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Being lazy as I am I keep wondering every time I start winding down my stablizers if there's anything made battery run to do it for me, and I don't mean taking a battery operated drill and socket with me either.

Have you tried using the van without bothering with the corner steadies? I used mine a couple of times then didn't bother - and can't say I noticed any difference. Am currently on Exeter Racecourse where it is always windy, and with a strong westerly wind hitting the van side on. Slight rocking with gusts otherwise not noticeable. Van is quite low, tag axle with no excessive rear overhang. Previous van was higher, still a tag but with a bit more overhang - corner steadies seemed to have a bit more of an effect with that one. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
As a previous poster said if you have to uses them.......get an extended socket and a rechargeable drill that has a bit of welly. A bit of grease on them now and again also helps.

barry:Smile:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I've heard of hydraulic levelling jacks that can be fitted to each corner of the vehicle. Dunno how much they cost... I'm guessing not cheap but depending on just how much you dislike hand winding they might be what you desire! :thumb:

Simon

I asked AS, 4k - 5k fitted for auto levelers:swear:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
My van is always as level as the ground below it, my legs do any necessary compensation.

I'd forget I had these down, drive off and plough the field ready for seeding

OP
OP
D

David Parkes

Free Member
Apr 27, 2012
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2005
Why not battery drill and socket...??

Hi wives dad I think it's the best way to go it wa just that I didn't want to tie up one of my good quality drills for such a miner thing but someone just told me to use a cheap one after looking round I never realised they were so cheap I found one for seven pounds. Thanks

OP
OP
D

David Parkes

Free Member
Apr 27, 2012
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2005
Stabilisers

Have you tried using the van without bothering with the corner steadies? I used mine a couple of times then didn't bother - and can't say I noticed any difference. Am currently on Exeter Racecourse where it is always windy, and with a strong westerly wind hitting the van side on. Slight rocking with gusts otherwise not noticeable. Van is quite low, tag axle with no excessive rear overhang. Previous van was higher, still a tag but with a bit more overhang - corner steadies seemed to have a bit more of an effect with that one. :Smile:

Thanks I must say I haven't tried that but I will.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Subconscious consequence of your driving style Brian? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Close.

Once I saw my whole life flash before me. 'er indoors was driving. I don't know how we survived, but if you are reading this then we did or you have much to talk about.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back