Hozelock connection CI Mizar Living (1 Viewer)

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
Hi Guys

I have a hozelock type connection next to my water inlet which at first appears to serve no purpose. On further investigation we have decided it may have one of two functions. a. to connect to mains water supply, or b. to be used as an outside hose. I think a. is more likely.

I have attached some pics if any one can shed any light on this thing and if so how its meant to be used I'd be very grateful. The Van is a CI Mizar Living 2005 on a fiat ducato.

cheers

Steve

Attachments

• 2013-05-16 14.13.36.jpg
    2013-05-16 14.13.36.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 2013-05-16 13.55.06.jpg
    2013-05-16 13.55.06.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 2013-05-16 13.55.01.jpg
    2013-05-16 13.55.01.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 2013-05-16 13.54.54.jpg
    2013-05-16 13.54.54.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 101
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Guys

I have a hozelock type connection next to my water inlet which at first appears to serve no purpose. On further investigation we have decided it may have one of two functions. a. to connect to mains water supply, or b. to be used as an outside hose. I think a. is more likely.

I have attached some pics if any one can shed any light on this thing and if so how its meant to be used I'd be very grateful. The Van is a CI Mizar Living 2005 on a fiat ducato.

cheers

Steve

It looks like it's almost set up for mains water supply to your taps but not actually connected. Perhaps vans for different markets have it connected? I've no idea whether caravan taps and water heaters are rated for mains pressure so I'd be reluctant to connect it up without a pressure reducing valve. I dare say the info is available on the net.

If it were my van I would T it in after the pump with a non-return valve (and maybe even a stopcock). That way, if you had you own tap at your pitch, you could just plug in.

This may be completely wrong so I'd wait for more experienced folk to chip in before doing anything rash. :roflmto:

Tim

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We had this on our GTL living . Ralph did something with it , don't know what. I will get him to reply when hes home from work.
What i do know is that we were getting the water pump coming on intermittently . This was rather annoying when it was quiet through the night. We had to turn the pump off.
He could not locate the leak inside the motorhome anywhere. Which was a good thing , but still annoying.
Then one day , when we were away on a particularly freezing weekend , he noticed an icicle drip coming from the place you mention. Hence him doing whatever he did with it:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Hi Steve

The hozelock point is actually a outside shower point.
As Bev was saying ours was leaking on the outside and running down the van.
I stripped it all down one day to try and stop the drip but gave it up as replacement parts weren't available.

I eventually converted the hozelock point to fill up my fresh water tank as i always struggled to get my filler hose round the bend on the original one.

It looks like your has been capped off, the best way to try it is to connect a hose pipe while the system is under pressure and see what happens.

Cheers.....Ralph

OP
OP
Steve101uk

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
Thanks for the replies.

I also think the best use for it will be to fill the water tank. I have the same problem with the bend on the large inlet.

Did you connect the blue hose to the overflow point on the tank making the larger inlet the overflow?

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It looks like it's almost set up for [HI]mains water supply to your taps but not actually connected[/HI]. Perhaps vans for different markets have it connected? I've no idea whether caravan taps and water heaters are rated for mains pressure so I'd be reluctant to connect it up without a pressure reducing valve. I dare say the info is available on the net.

If it were my van I would T it in after the pump with a non-return valve (and maybe even a stopcock). That way, if you had you own tap at your pitch, you could just plug in.

This may be completely wrong so I'd wait for more experienced folk to chip in before doing anything rash. :roflmto:

Tim

I concur with Tim.. it looks like it's for a mains water supply

I had this system on my RV , but plumbed in permanently.. standard on most US Motorhomes..

If concerned about pressure, you can fit a pressure regulating valve, available from most RV spares dealers.. £16.40 from ABP accessories
88-8802.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Thanks for the replies.

I also think the best use for it will be to fill the water tank. I have the same problem with the bend on the large inlet.

Did you connect the blue hose to the overflow point on the tank making the larger inlet the overflow?

Cheers

Steve
Sorry for the delay only just seen this. I find if you press the like button it notifies the poster that you have replied. because sometimes a post disappears before you get to see it.

It is a shower point. Its under pressure as i found out when i clipped a hose to it.
You can get a replacement from cak tanks ltd and the shower attachment for it called.
CAK easy fill water system and outdoor shower.
I totally did away with the blue pipe. Then connected the hose lock inlet to the top of the water tank. Making it a lot easier to fill. When you fill it up unscrew the existing filler cap to allow air out.
Ralph

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back