Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Had a letter addressed to me this morning which is most unusual as i never get mail.So all excited i opened it to find Waltham Forest council had taken some pictures of my van at 07.48 last Friday and have charged me £65 for them.I was sat in the van the whole time waiting for my friend who was getting a coffee. Oh well lets hope they spend it on something good like getting rid of some of their obvious immigration problems, or even cleaning the dirty hole up a bit.I think not though.Sorry nearly forgot the bacon rolls we bought out of the cafe there,they were crap.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
You really must improve your act Dave:cry::cry:

We had 4 Bacon Rolls for that recently in Peterborough
and they threw in four days free camping coffes and a show:winky:

Bless You Jim:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There's some b.......s about in this world now adays when you can't just stop where you like without someone doing you like I said in a previous post, who makes these laws :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
You should have been in a Transit Pickup pulling a caravan,then you could sent for a few dozen of your mates and set up a campsite and nobody would have bothered their arse:winky:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Had a letter addressed to me this morning which is most unusual as i never get mail.So all excited i opened it to find Waltham Forest council had taken some pictures of my van at 07.48 last Friday and have charged me £65 for them.I was sat in the van the whole time waiting for my friend who was getting a coffee. Oh well lets hope they spend it on something good like getting rid of some of their obvious immigration problems, or even cleaning the dirty hole up a bit.I think not though.Sorry nearly forgot the bacon rolls we bought out of the cafe there,they were crap.

Write back saying as you had the engine running you were not parked

Peter

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Cheap...

I know someone who took up Biggles' offer of free bacon butty and cost him thousands in a new motorhome, a lucky escape I would say...

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Write back saying as you had the engine running you were not parked

Peter

This is Waltham forest Peter, they take no prisoners.:ROFLMAO: I lived there 14 years ago when all the restrictions started and its unbelievable how it has esculated and become a bloody good buisness and source of income for them.:Angry:

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I paid it early on after receiving it otherwise i wouldnt have paid and it would have doubled.:shout::Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There's some b.......s about in this world now adays when you can't just stop where you like without someone doing you like I said in a previous post, who makes these laws :Sad:
It would be a bit chaotic if everyone could just park where they please ::bigsmile: Might save on fuel though ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Was it a fixed camera or a warden, not that it makes any difference just curious.:winky:

It was a fixed camera up on the lamppost,It was a loading bay.Waltham forest tried to get money out of me once before for poll tax even though i hadnt lived in the borough for the 2 years they tried to extract from me.We informed them of the date we left the dirty hole.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years

You should have used Wadham Road Cafe hehehehehe

Am getting worried about you - we got one today too from Waltham Forest council. Our sons friends had their mobiles stolen. We stopped to ask some people near where the incident occurred and were also caught on camera.

I am now waiting for another 4 tickets to arrive as we stopped in the same road 4 times asking passersby

If we get all 4 tickets we might as well have just bought his friends new phones.

Glad you paid it well within the 14 days coz if it doesnt clear on time they charge double whether you paid or not.

As for you getting a ticket I would have done your bacon rolls xxxxxx I make a mean bacon sarnie xxxxx

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It would be a bit chaotic if everyone could just park where they please ::bigsmile: Might save on fuel though ::bigsmile:

Don't think he was parked just waiting in a loading bay, presumably not holding up traffic or anything.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Don't think he was parked just waiting in a loading bay, presumably not holding up traffic or anything.

Parked, waiting, no difference in law whether we like it or not. On street loading bay or off street? Again no difference, if there is a TRO breached then the ticket will be issued.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Parked, waiting, no difference in law whether we like it or not. On street loading bay or off street? Again no difference, if there is a TRO breached then the ticket will be issued.

That's my point who invented these stupid laws, no logic to them, he was hurting no one and helping a local shop

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years

but we all know the law is an ass.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Elaine got one parked in Sainsbury Wakefield issued by a company called parking eye we just ignored it sent a couple of very official looking demands and a nice picy of car in parking bay after about 4 letters it went away
Never even replied to them
Some of these apparently are not legally enforceable
I love google sometimes it's even correct

Now over to the experts

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I suppose i could have ingnored the letter but things like this always come back to bite me on the botty rarse. Just wanted to put it to bed and really.I know i was in the wrong place but i was obstructing no one nor anything.Its just that council have jumped on everything they can to get money out of people.I would imagine to pay for all the people that sponge of the state in the borough and pay no council taxes.It cost me £165 for5 weeks in skip permits of which i have to pass the costs onto my customers who already pay extortionate rates. Bloody Highwaymen thats what they are.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I suppose i could have ingnored the letter but things like this always come back to bite me on the botty rarse. Just wanted to put it to bed and really.I know i was in the wrong place but i was obstructing no one nor anything.Its just that council have jumped on everything they can to get money out of people.I would imagine to pay for all the people that sponge of the state in the borough and pay no council taxes.It cost me £165 for5 weeks in skip permits of which i have to pass the costs onto my customers who already pay extortionate rates. Bloody Highwaymen thats what they are.

Oops I didn't meet ignore it just check its official if it is pay it
If not check around on who issued then make up your mind what to do
I googled the company and lots had ignored it lots of threading legal looking letters and just ignored them

Sorry for not explaining better

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I live in Waltham forest and they are merciless.. they use the cctv cameras on posts that were intended to fight /prevent crime to just make cash.. then there is their fleet of cctv smart cars parking illegally trying to catch people out... is pretty awful.. sums up London I suppose..
anyone who hates those smart car cctv cameras will smile at this tho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt5Zo2fENIg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I live in Waltham forest and they are merciless.. they use the cctv cameras on posts that were intended to fight /prevent crime to just make cash.. then there is their fleet of cctv smart card parking illegally trying to catch people out... is pretty awful.. sums up London I suppose..
anyone who hates those smart car cctv cameras will smile at this tho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt5Zo2fENIg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I lived in the Stow when all the parking zones started,i lived on ickworth park road near blackhorse lane station.Far enough away that people never parked there for the station.However WF council took it upon themselves to survey the area and asked us what we thought about parking permits.We all protested but still they installed their white lines,post etc.It started off at £20 per car and they assured us there would be no increase.The very next year it went up to £25 a mark up of 25% but it still doesnt guarantee you a space.Of course everyone thought they were entitled to park outside their own house.I saw fights break out over parking and was involved in one myself.This is what trouble these numb skulls cause with their ideas.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That's my point who invented these stupid laws, no logic to them, he was hurting no one and helping a local shop

but we all know the law is an ass.

Nothing personal but why is it that whenever anyone breaches a TRO, and receives a parking ticket as a result, the authority issuing the ticket is somehow in the wrong?

We all know that parking restrictions exist and whether we think they are stupid or not somebody else thinks there is a good reason for them - and, all things being equal, that person's opinion carries as much weight as ours.

If we really think a restriction in a TRO is unjustified (e.g. not allowing a motorhome to be parked over 2 bays if 2 tickets are bought) then we have the option of lobbying for a change. Otherwise it is our responsibility to make sure what restrictions are in place before we park or accept that there may be consequences we don't like.

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Nothing personal but why is it that whenever anyone breaches a TRO, and receives a parking ticket as a result, the authority issuing the ticket is somehow in the wrong?

We all know that parking restrictions exist and whether we think they are stupid or not somebody else thinks there is a good reason for them - and, all things being equal, that person's opinion carries as much weight as ours.

If we really think a restriction in a TRO is unjustified (e.g. not allowing a motorhome to be parked over 2 bays if 2 tickets are bought) then we have the option of lobbying for a change. Otherwise it is our responsibility to make sure what restrictions are in place before we park or accept that there may be consequences we don't like.

Mores to the point,i wouldnt have minded so much if the bacon rolls were any good but they were a load of toot.:ROFLMAO:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011

Although you are right in theory it's not really that simple to mount a successful challenge.
I'll give you an example of how Waltham forest council work.
In station Road they have 'environmental' no right turn signs that have times displayed covering the morning rush hour. the signs are on the wrong side of the road and physically past each junction. they do not comply with legislation covering signage. nonetheless.. every morning they park a camera car inside the junction to catch people. I appealed mine on the grounds the signage was incorrect and it was quashed. do you think they changed the signs. no chance. they could have used no entry signs... after all the locals just drive past the junction and do a u turn .
they rely on the fact that most people accept the tickets.
when local authorities have this attitude what hope is there.

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Although you are right in theory it's not really that simple to mount a successful challenge.
I'll give you an example of how Waltham forest council work.
In station Road they have 'environmental' no right turn signs that have times displayed covering the morning rush hour. the signs are on the wrong side of the road and physically past each junction. they do not comply with legislation covering signage. nonetheless.. every morning they park a camera car inside the junction to catch people. [HI]I appealed mine on the grounds the signage was incorrect and it was quashed. do you think they changed the signs. no chance. they could have used no entry signs... after all the locals just drive past the junction and do a u turn .
they rely on the fact that most people accept the tickets.
when local authorities have this attitude what hope is there. [/HI]

So put in a complaint then and, if necessary, take it as far as the ombudsman. It is just as bad that LAs get away with getting things wrong as is it that they are criticised when they don't.

I've put in a number of complaints against LAs getting things wrong when researching motorhome parking and won every one of them. If somebody's complaint is valid they will win - and if somebody is flaunting the law they will lose, and that is as it should be.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
The point SDC77 was making is not that his individual penalty was properly quashed but that the council having been alerted to the failings in their signage apparently have deliberately refused to change them because it would damage the revenue making opportunities.

Unfortunately, its little man against big corporation/administration - there is no effective sanction to stop a council deliberately flouting the law... unless it becomes a hot media topic.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The point SDC77 was making is not that his individual penalty was properly quashed but that the council having been alerted to the failings in their signage apparently have deliberately refused to change them because it would damage the revenue making opportunities.

Unfortunately, its little man against big corporation/administration -[HI] there is no effective sanction to stop a council deliberately flouting the law[/HI]... unless it becomes a hot media topic.

Ah, right. So all the times I and others have complained and councils have had to change their ways haven't happened then. OK :Doh:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Graham is right, take them on…

I took Anglesey County Council through their complaint process and lost, they backed themselves all the way. Me being me (stubborn old git) took my complaint to the Ombudsman and after some time, I won, they lost…
So as Graham said, if you feel strongly enough about something then do something about it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back