Terry

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
It just needs the bumper /mirrors colour coded and better hub caps to make it look a little more modern, looks like a good one:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Could be a scam just compare the standard of listing with the other items on sale from that person. Vans a P reg, four previous and only 30,000 miles:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kontiki is all caps and very non professional, be wary

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
It could be that the SCAMMERS back :Smile: with a new format ::bigsmile:If I lived nearby I would be taking 5k out of my piggy bank and giving it a once over :Smile:
Terry

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It could be that the SCAMMERS back :Smile: with a new format ::bigsmile:If I lived nearby I would be taking 5k out of my piggy bank and giving it a once over :Smile:
Terry

Have already been under the mattress in readiness for his reply to my email.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I've messaged him to see where in Manchester it can be viewed

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Has to be a scam. this time last year I paid ÂŁ14,500 for a same year Kon-Tiki, with 36K on the clock. I did loads of research and couldn't find one cheaper.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
My sister is genuinely looking for a good value motorhome.

I have sent her this one. Do you think it is a scam?:Smile:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
f it is a genuine 4wd it may be the dangiel system and that had a lot of problems. Also I don't recall ESP being available at the time on SEVEL vans.
Caveat emptore-buyer beware.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
My sister is genuinely looking for a good value motorhome.

I have sent her this one. Do you think it is a scam?:Smile:

I genuinly have no idea on Scam or not :Smile: but I would defenetly not be paying anything unless I had the keys in my hand and everything checked out ::bigsmile: ie I give them cash and drive away :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:
terry

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just had a reply from the seller asking for my email add. Have sent him the one I use for other purposes than private business. We will see what develops, watch this space.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Spend 5k to lose 5k more like :Doh:

If it looks to good to be true...

While I can't find the original advert for the motorhome at a glance, he also has 2 4x4's available in other listings - both underpriced.

Both of these were previously listed on Autotrader for much more (take part of the description which is unique, search on google in " and bobs your uncle - original listing).

For example the Land Rover that is listed for ÂŁ5,200
Link Removed

Was listed for ÂŁ9,995:

Searched For:

"We have for sale a superb 4.4 Range Rover Vogue Automatic in Adriatic Blue with Parchment Leather Interior. This car has 22 Overfinch Alloys, 2010 Side Grills, Facelift Supercharger"

And viewed the cached listing, to arrive at the above link. Was for sale by Claridges Cars in Luton.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Spend 5k to lose 5k more like :Doh:

If it looks to good to be true...

While I can't find the original advert for the motorhome at a glance, he also has 2 4x4's available in other listings - both underpriced.

Both of these were previously listed on Autotrader for much more (take part of the description which is unique, search on google in " and bobs your uncle - original listing).

For example the Land Rover that is listed for ÂŁ5,200
Link Removed

Was listed for ÂŁ9,995:

Searched For:

"We have for sale a superb 4.4 Range Rover Vogue Automatic in Adriatic Blue with Parchment Leather Interior. This car has 22 Overfinch Alloys, 2010 Side Grills, Facelift Supercharger"

And viewed the cached listing, to arrive at the above link. Was for sale by Claridges Cars in Luton.
you learn something every day here just got to remember that now

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
you learn something every day here just got to remember that now
Thinking the same--- he must copy the ads, view the cars ,take some photos (for the wife to see when he returns home), paste the ad/pictures on a new ad-:Eeek:

I do like this new idea of paypal , to arrange payment to the seller AFTER delivery has been made---it would be nice to use it on items more expensive as this.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thinking the same--- he must copy the ads, view the cars ,take some photos (for the wife to see when he returns home), paste the ad/pictures on a new ad-:Eeek:

I do like this new idea of paypal , to arrange payment to the seller AFTER delivery has been made---it would be nice to use it on items more expensive as this.

Not new at all, thats how they entice you saying its a PP aproved holding site that you pay into -then send you a snide PP linkto pay into and your money disapears ::bigsmile:

I shall now officaly declare it a scam (I must be getting rusty :winky:)and anounce the scammers back ::bigsmile:
terry

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I agree, it is a scam,

Just had a message asking for my email address.

I asked him where could it be viewed.

So, yes, definitely a scam:Sad:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Defo a scam. Read the description as its just wrong, both in the use of English and the fact that it's listed as a Classified Ad, but goes on to state a low reserve which doesn't line up to the Clasified Ad :Angry::Angry:

Unfortunately I've been on the receiving end of an eBay scam and came off ÂŁ5K poorer for my troubles and NO back up from eBay as the scam wasn't a part of eBay, but someone using the eBay details to make a sale.....long and complicated and when reported to the police, I found out that the scam had even hooked a local constable too......turned out the seller was from North America, but I never saw my money back.........like my mum said post trauma at my loss "if it's too good to be true, then it is" and from what we know, it's about ÂŁ9K too cheap :whatthe::Eeek:

Keep your pennies in your pockets on this one and it'll be good to see what emails your all getting back:Eeek::Eeek:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Obvious SCAM. Would be suspicious at double that price.BUSBY.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Sent him my email address - heard nowt.

The reply I had from him stated Lincolnshire.......now even I know Manchester ain't in Lincolnshire

:ROFLMAO:

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
He also says at the bottom Low Reserve but has it at a Classified AD price,
Just something about doesn't look right and also very low miles for the age with 4 owners .Think I would stay clear,as a seasoned eBayer I have only gone wrong once ot twice but you get a feel for these things.
Hope I am wrong and someone gets a real bargain!!:whatthe:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
The scam works by them sending you a fake PP page which looks genuine. You then pay into what you think is a genuine account only to find it is nothing to do with PP or eBay. As such you have completed a sale outside of ebay and have no protection from eBay or PP
Edit see link below my signature
Terry

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back