Dash Mounted Habitation Air conditioning (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
I never actually tried it out during the test drive but our van has "dash mounted habitation air conditioning" apparently.

It looks like a black plastic tunnel that is on the top section of the dashboard against the window with typical adjustable vents on passenger and driver side.

There is a switch with "AC" on it that when activated an orange light comes on. Other than that , nothing, certainly no cold air out of the vents.

The plastic tunnel looks like its made for the van, a Hymer B544 1997 but not sure why a non Fiat switch (Chrome toggle) is fitted and don't understand how it should work.

The normal fiat air con works fine :)

Any comments appreciated... :)

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Tumbleweed.....

My flabber (no sniggering at the back!) has never been so gasted!!

This post has been on for nearly 4 hours and none of the august Hymer owners have been able to give any clues!

Surely SOMEBODY must know???? (the suspense is killing me!)

:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigClick
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
oh

My flabber (no sniggering at the back!) has never been so gasted!!

This post has been on for nearly 4 hours and none of the august Hymer owners have been able to give any clues!

Surely SOMEBODY must know???? (the suspense is killing me!)

:thumb:

Well I've had a lovely weekend in London (Jersey Boys and a Michelin Star meal) only to come back and find your amusing if not helpful response is the sum total of feedback :-(

oh well, have to see how we fair tomorrow

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
have you tried it with the engine running.

my guess is its just a modified dash/cab aircon.

12v aircon would be a waste of time as the battery wouldnt cope with the loads imposed.....cab aircon compressor is belt driven from the engine.

I have twin roof aircon units but unless i run the onboard generator (5500watts/50amps@110v) i can only run one unit at a time due to electrical loads on hookup.

OP
OP
BigClick
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
have you tried it with the engine running.

my guess is its just a modified dash/cab aircon.

12v aircon would be a waste of time as the battery wouldnt cope with the loads imposed.....cab aircon compressor is belt driven from the engine.

I have twin roof aircon units but unless i run the onboard generator (5500watts/50amps@110v) i can only run one unit at a time due to electrical loads on hookup.

Ran the engine no change. Very very slight output if I close all of the normal vents so I think your theory that its connected to normal air con may be right but its not working :-(

Wonder what the carpet looks like underneath it

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We have a similar ages Hymer with what sounds like the same black housing along the dash. Just asked the OH and he said it is part of the vehicle de-misting system and definitely not connected to habitation heating or air con. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BigClick
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
We have a similar ages Hymer with what sounds like the same black housing along the dash. Just asked the OH and he said it is part of the vehicle de-misting system and definitely not connected to habitation heating or air con. :thumb:

Mystery solved then. May have misunderstood the description

I have a few switches and dials to play with next time the window mists up

Thanks to all posters

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back