Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Lampeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I'm looking to buy a drive away awning. I want something big and quick to put up. Current favourite is a Vango AirAway Sapera tall but it's expensive at £570. Any alternatives would be greatly appreciated. Hanks, Dai :Smile:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A member of one of the Rollerteam and Ci FB groups has just bought the Airaway and recommends it highly. It is quite expensive but seems to tick all the boxes, certainly for her. They are really popular that you have to order in advance as they sell out really fast. (I sound like a salesman for Vango)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Movelite do a good range XL or XLF checkout the outdoor revolution site there is a video on how to erect. I have an XL but have only used it once and that was sept last year. On that occasion i needed some help but having now seen the video i am fairly confident i would be able to erect it myself if no one else about. Must admit the idea of a blow up awning is rather appealing even if the price isnt:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Dai ????
From Lampeter ????

Not Dai Londis, purveyor of comestibles to our leader and his management, surely?:winky:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi, I'm looking to buy a drive away awning. I want something big and quick to put up. Current favourite is a Vango AirAway Sapera tall but it's expensive at £570. Any alternatives would be greatly appreciated. Hanks, Dai :Smile:

Now if you order quick, like Sunday you can get 10% off with our summer spectacular weekend.:thumb:

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/vango-sapera-airaway.html

Enter coupon code mayoffer at check out

Peter

OP
OP
D

Dai Howells

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Lampeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Peter, I rung John Cross this morning and the product is out of stock. I can order it on the website and get the 10% off but how long will it be before it's back in stock as I think they're in short supply? Thanks

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Broken Link Removed

Looked on ebay and this place has them too , free delivery but no 10%.

OP
OP
D

Dai Howells

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Lampeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
Voyager1 - no, never lived in Ammanford:RollEyes:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Peter, I rung John Cross this morning and the product is out of stock. I can order it on the website and get the 10% off but how long will it be before it's back in stock as I think they're in short supply? Thanks

Just checked, we do have them in stock, please give Nick a call on 01-580-883062

Peter

OP
OP
D

Dai Howells

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Lampeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just posting an update: we bought the Vango Airway from driveawayawnings (Obi) in Cowbridge, near Bridgend. Great service and they matched the best price I could find elsewhere. We went away last weekend and tested the awning. It went up in less than 5 minutes and then took about 20 mins to peg but I guess that's the same with any awning. Really Pleased with the space and quality. Had to top up the air in 1 of the beams which took about 20 seconds! So after the1st trip, really pleased. Next trip in a fortnights so will give a further update then:wine::wine:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back