Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
been waiting for a new double glaised window coming from usa for seven weeks,went to have water leak done on engine [third time lucky i thought] but no still leaking coolant,now its leaking from lpg unit.panic panic !!cant do that its gas? so i asked them to phone anglo american [sticker under the bonnet] who fitted the system when the rv was new,they did and guess what they gave him the information where it was leaking and he gave them the info on how to do it,but being there all day i decided enough was enough and i came home [should have gone to peterbro show]just before i came home i asked where the window had got to,yes you have guessed it not been ordered because my bumper to bumper warrantee only covers bodywork ???? what !!! came home absolutly disgusted.what a shower of numptys.today i phoned spoke to sales director [the one who canceled it] and he said my rv was not covered and yet they have been doing it since new in 2006 the window and the coolant loss i will have to pay for.This afternoon i phoned anglo american about this leak,he said he had spoken with brownhills yesterday.so i asked what had happened and he was waiting for a call back from them.anyway i asked what parts i required only to be told brownhills had told him it was a fordV10 and guess what its a chevy V8 [these people are repairing your pride and joy and dont know what it is]he is now sending me all the relavant bits [although its only one o ring ]new unions,hoses,clips ect,and all free.how nice is that.he says 10mins for a mechanic to fit it. i have also emailed usa to tell them how poor the service is and how they are treating people here.
When the rv was bought from westcroft at cannock there service was second to none.how i wish i could turn the clocks back.I will never use brownhills again.MUZ

OP
OP
M

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
brownhills

its beyond belife,when i get a reply from the states i will let you know

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Do You Know?

Hi

A new company I am informed has started up in the OLD westcroft site with some of the old westcroft team running it. could be called signature? (or similar) they have been advertising in Mag`s etc this last month or so.

This of any use??

pete

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Pete

There are three companies that have risen from the Brownhills/Westcroft merger.

The first company is called Signature and is led and run by the previous directors (The Durkins) selling the DAMON Range among other RV's.

The second company is called TLC - led by the Sales Director - Aidrian Davis - (ex-Sales Director of Westcroft) selling a range of RV's.

The third company, believe it or not is - WESTCROFT - run and led by the Brownhills Group out of Newark

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi, I am sure our Geo and ARFUR will be able to sort you, hes a fellow member

Pecks Hill Garage.

glenm

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Mobile full timer Garstang
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
brownhills bad service again

Hi, I am sure our Geo and ARFUR will be able to sort you, hes a fellow member

Pecks Hill Garage.

Why do we put up with it , i have been on a sister site today and guess what? complaints in abundance about brownhills should we not get together and start an anti brownhills campaign maybe if we band together they or the manufacturers will take notice:Sad: or just put up with bad service :Sad:

OP
OP
M

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
I feel like parking in there entrance with a big banner saying how good they are not,we were waiting in the customer lounge and every body in the place was disgruntled,one poor bloke had been there since monday.i will definatly be going to signiture even though its quite a way for me.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I feel like parking in there entrance with a big banner saying how good they are not,we were waiting in the customer lounge and every body in the place was disgruntled,one poor bloke had been there since monday.i will definatly be going to signiture even though its quite a way for me.

Good training for when you have to visit NHS Accident and Emergency Hospitals or NHS dentists.:Eeek:

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
When I was looking at which RV to buy I did quite a bit of research on the US forums and the Tiffin came out very well, BUT the UK supplier didn't (you guessed it ...Westcroft!) so I looked elsewhere.

I wonder if the US company's have any idea of the this type of feedback or is the UK too small a market for them? Has anyone ever complained to the US Parent company about the UK service? Or are they totally separate?

OP
OP
M

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
i have emailed the usa and told them how they treat us in uk,i will let you know when they reply.mine is a fourwinds hurricane,2006,single slide.MUZ

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Pete

There are three companies that have risen from the Brownhills/Westcroft merger.

The first company is called Signature and is led and run by the previous directors (The Durkins) selling the DAMON Range among other RV's.

The second company is called TLC - led by the Sales Director - Aidrian Davis - (ex-Sales Director of Westcroft) selling a range of RV's.

The third company, believe it or not is - WESTCROFT - run and led by the Brownhills Group out of Newark

there used to be a street on an estate in scarborough which had two name changes in 20 years.
the only problem was they let the same scum stay in the same houses in the street.

changing the name means nowt if the same scum run the place.

eventualy the council realized this and demolished the whole estate.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
there used to be a street on an estate in scarborough which had two name changes in 20 years.
the only problem was they let the same scum stay in the same houses in the street.

The same for Nuclear power staions with poor safety records.
Calder Hall became Windscale then Sellafield.
Any way it looks as though Brownhills chickens have come home to roost!!!

Last edited:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp

i like the idea pappa:thumb:

ray::bigsmile:

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
you may not be able to use brownhills as they have gone into administration as of fri!!!:ROFLMAO::Angry::Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back