Free Member
Jan 20, 2013
North Devon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi all, thinking of spending 5-6 weeks starting at the begining of September from Calais,down through France and into Northern Italy, and back again ! Any tips/advice gratefully received.

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
How much of France have you already seen? It is a huge country, with so much to see. From the west coast with sandy beaches, through the rolling Limousin (forests and lakes) to the massif central or the dordogne (more rugged) and the Pyrenees or Alps with their mountain scenery.
Tell us where you have been already and we can suggest other area worth visiting - you may never get anywhere near Italy!!!
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
we are doing this in June for a month. Down through France /Switzerland
As far as Lake Garda then back home via Dole in France

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi all, thinking of spending 5-6 weeks starting at the begining of September from Calais,down through France and into Northern Italy, and back again ! Any tips/advice gratefully received.

Did this last September and a bit of Spain as well, got as far as Pisa and round to lloret del mar. Did 3600 miles in just over 3 weeks, if we did it again would not go so far or take longer to do it, not complaining though it was brill, you will have a good time

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
We have just done this and are now on our way back. We enjoyed most of France as always but found the Cote D'Azur very motorhome unfriendly with very few places to stop and few Aires. Lake Garda was great with good cycling along the lake from Peschiera to Sirmione and especially from Garda to Lasize.We enjoyed Austria and Berchtesgaden but were dissapointed with the Mosel which seemed a bit dreary by comparison to other places.Now at Vianden in Luxembourg at a great site and coming to the end of our 5th week.
In short I would recommend cutting through from around the Dordogne across to the Italian Lakes and giving the Cote D'Azur a miss!:Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We did similar but went down through Germany and Austria on to Lake Garda, I would recommend Innsbruck for a night or two. Lovely place and the campsite Nattersee is outstanding with bus from gate to city.

If you do go through Germany and like cars I'd also recommend a trip to the Mercedes museum in Stuggart really good day out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
lake garda is fantastic best route i know is france to beguim then to lux then back to france then swiss the italy via lake como

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back