Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Just getting prepared to go on our 1st trip this year to the New Forest. We will probably end up at Setthorns (near Sway). Lots of good biking trails leading to lots of good pubs! ::bigsmile: Downloaded a few dramas and a couple of films on BBC Iplayer in case the weather takes turns for the worse.

Rob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Just getting prepared to go on our 1st trip this year to the New Forest. We will probably end up at Setthorns (near Sway). Lots of good biking trails leading to lots of good pubs! ::bigsmile: Downloaded a few dramas and a couple of films on BBC Iplayer in case the weather takes turns for the worse.
Rob
The red shoot camping in the forest is worth a stay, the adjoining pub is also a brewery with some good beers and has a beer festival a couple of times a year. Great spot. :thumb:
http://redshoot-campingpark.com/

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'm taking mine to the New Forest this coming week-end. I was supposed to be heading for Carmarthen but time and work commitments do not permit.

Have a good one Rob, wave if you see us..........Griff.......:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2013
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Love the campsite at Setthorns - its always so peaceful. If you end up in Sway I can highly recommend the Silver Hind for good food.
Theres also a good CL at Bransgore which opens out onto the New Forest.

OP
OP
Rob e Lee

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Love the campsite at Setthorns - its always so peaceful. If you end up in Sway I can highly recommend the Silver Hind for good food.

We've been many times and always enjoy our time there. We used to caravan as a family with our two sons - they remember it with great affection too:Smile:

Rob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

Agree re Setthornes and Silver Hind. Stayed at Christmas and had a lovely meal on Christmas Eve at the Silver Hind. You can take your dog too

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back