Proximity (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
We are currently on a site on the Eastern Algarve with around 250 pitches, currently around 2 dozen occupied at most. Yesterday a small (English) campervan arrived on site and parked back to back(2ft max separation) to a Dutch motorhome with obviously no connection !!!

Why ?????

Is it me ????

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We are currently on a site on the Eastern Algarve with around 250 pitches, currently around 2 dozen occupied at most. Yesterday a small (English) campervan arrived on site and parked back to back(2ft max separation) to a Dutch motorhome with obviously no connection !!!
Why ?????
Is it me ????
Why is it a problem, as long as he stays on his own pitch then why are you concerned. Who wants to sit in a field alone when you can camp with others, isn't that what it is all about. Camping I mean, or are motorhome dwellers not camping.:cry:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
maybe thats his annual pitch and hes claiming it.. you know like the same seat in the pub type. :Doh:

OP
OP

Deleted User
Why is it a problem, as long as he stays on his own pitch then why are you concerned. Who wants to sit in a field alone when you can camp with others, isn't that what it is all about. Camping I mean, or are motorhome dwellers not camping.:cry:

Must be then::bigsmile:

Not a problem to me but even though I stop exclusively on sites I do like my own space but can cope when sites are busy. My rule of thumb in 40 years of camping is to leave at least one empty pitch between neighbours (when possible)

Each to his own, it's a funny old world ::bigsmile:

OP
OP

Deleted User
Why is it a problem, as long as he stays on his own pitch then why are you concerned.[HI] Who wants to sit in a field alone when you can camp with others,[/HI] isn't that what it is all about. Camping I mean, or are motorhome dwellers not camping.:cry:

Me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
It's not just campsites. It's just the same in car parks, Aires, anywhere.
You can park up, the only one on a car park, but when you come back someone will be parked so close you can hardly open the door.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
we find the french get really close to you. really bad in morocco. you can be miles into the desert and they come and park within touching distance. takes all sorts .
enjoy the sun and crack a beer .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
Yes, I'd be VERY annoyed if that happened to me.:Angry:

But then I'm a miserable old git::bigsmile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its not an Sclass Hymer by any chance is it ?. If so it will be JJ missing his mate Smudger :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back