DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Trying to undo the wheel bolts the other day & the locking key/nut sheered .
Oh Dear(or words to that effect).
All the Fiat dealer dealer could offer was "obsolete, sorry". A big help,not.
After trawling t'internet I cam across autoimparts.com & their web site showed a range of nut types & one was similar to mine, so sent an e-mail with the details & a photo of mine & bingo, they told me what code to order within the hour.
Two(so I have a spare) new ones arrived very quickly by post & they fit &work perfectly.
I can highly recomend this company for very efficient service.

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Trying to undo the wheel bolts the other day & the locking key/nut sheered .
Oh Dear(or words to that effect).
All the Fiat dealer dealer could offer was "obsolete, sorry". A big help,not.
After trawling t'internet I cam across autoimparts.com & their web site showed a range of nut types & one was similar to mine, so sent an e-mail with the details & a photo of mine & bingo, they told me what code to order within the hour.
Two(so I have a spare) new ones arrived very quickly by post & they fit &work perfectly.
I can highly recomend this company for very efficient service.

Thanks for that, I have just ordered the whole code set :thumb:
Now I can obtain alloys to order :ROFLMAO:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thanks for that, I have just ordered the whole code set :thumb:
Now I can obtain alloys to order :ROFLMAO:

Not required really as "locking" wheel bolts are easily removed without the key if you know how. They dont lock really but instead are simply an ordinary bolt with a shaped "key" head. so can be unscrewed in seconds with an easily available tool that fits most if not all. save your money from buying the whole set :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
DP+JAY

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
I would normally agree, the ones on my car certainly could, but these are clever.
A mate who is still in the "trade" looked at them and he has all the kit for breaking into cars & removing wheels etc. and said no chance. without the key the outside of the bolt just spins freely! Like these.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Not required really as "locking" wheel bolts are easily removed without the key if you know how. They dont lock really but instead are simply an ordinary bolt with a shaped "key" head. so can be unscrewed in seconds with an easily available tool that fits most if not all. save your money from buying the whole set :ROFLMAO:

I was joking :thumb:
And as for those rotating heads, they can be squeezed tight do you can get them off:thumb:

OP
OP
DP+JAY

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
Like I said he tried & couldn't, but then if the key nut broke, I reckon it was pretty tight.
The important thing is the wheel is off & back on without the need for butchery.

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Many years ago had car with locking nuts , went to have new tyres fitted.
Did not realised fitter damaged the locking cover , then had a flat tyre months later , could not change tyre , eventually called break down , car taken to garage where they drilled out the locking nut fitted spare and had to order spare locking cover. first thing I did when cover arrived was to remove all locking nuts on all the wheels and replaced with ordinarily ones.
every car I own since had all locking nuts replaced by ordinary ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back