First long trip in Nel (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
We've got a very short time before we leave for a 4 week plus trip through France,Switzerland and Italy.
All we have to do now is tax Nel as it runs out at the end of June and get some euros. :Cool::thumb:

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Have a safe and enjoyable journey.:thumb: If possible, please let us know how you're getting on.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We've got a very short time before we leave for a 4 week plus trip through France,Switzerland and Italy.
All we have to do now is tax Nel as it runs out at the end of June and get some euros. :Cool::thumb:

Sounds a good plan.

Apart from the tax, can you tax in advance like that ?

We SORNed then re-taxed once, was that the hard way ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S
Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
You can tax a vehicle up to 2 months before the due date. Download the V10 from DVLA site.
Laptop and Kindle HD coming with us. only problem is that I cant remember my password.
Have now sorted it and can log in on my Kindle

Last edited:

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Have a great journey we did similar in 2010 - loved it!!!

Take care:thumb:

G

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
You can tax a vehicle up to 2 months before the due date. Download the V10 from DVLA site.
Laptop and Kindle HD coming with us. only problem is that I cant remember my password.
Have now sorted it and can log in on my Kindle

We too are going to Switzerland via wherever, maybe we'll get stuck on the Rhine and not bother so keep us informed.

How do you get on with the kindle for the internet, it's been discussed before but dismissed usually as being too fiddly? But is that a cheap means maybe of internet access abroad? :Confused:

P.S. Got your vignette?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
were of Monday 8.30pm ferry to calias kip in the carrefour then early start think were going through Austria as we've heard Switzerland is very expensive and plus buying the vignette unless anuone can say its unmissable

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
were of Monday 8.30pm ferry to calias kip in the carrefour then early start think were going through Austria as we've heard Switzerland is very expensive and plus buying the vignette unless anuone can say its unmissable

Don't know about unmissable but we love the country, been in a caravan in the mid 90's and vowed to go back and move around a bit more.

OP
OP
S
Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
First First long trip in Nel

Rolfarris.
Although I have not used the Kindle abroad I have used it at a CC club site.
It shows up possible connection and then with the code numbers from CC connected straight away however I could not run a laptop and the Kindle together.
As regards it being "fiddily" I dont find it so but thats just me I use one of those little stick things to navigate. Some sites you might not get as Adobe software is needed but Skype is preloaded so maybe ok for contact as is Macdonalds.
Vignette tucked safely away.

Last edited:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007

Just been through Switzerland, twice. Vignette cost €33 and covered all travel. For us that was motorway from Germany to Italy, passage of the St Gottard Tunnel, motorway from Italy to France and a free look at a lot of snow in the Simplon Pass. Very pleased with the charges considering what we've done and seen.

It's worth noting, fuel is expensive and if you get change from a purchase it'll be in Swiss francs.

Enjoy your trip
Ed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back