Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
afternoon guys and dolls has any body been to pendine sands info would be much welcome::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
afternoon guys and dolls has any body been to pendine sands info would be much welcome::bigsmile:

Many years ago yes.

You could take your car on the beach in those days.

Just one long, flat beach.

Nothing to wriite home about.

I would head further West personally.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Yes we went to see the museum and Babs very interesting, also miles of sandy beach, a large car park next to the beach, quite a few cl's and cs's close by.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
you said further west chris where too

Pembrokeshire, North or South.

South is my preference but thats because its where I come from.

Pendine is in Pembrokeshire (i think) but further along the coast is Amroth, Saundersfoot, Tenby, Manorbier, Freshwater East, Broad Haven, Barafundle, Freshwater West, Angle.

All have beaches and places to park up (although it might be a challenge in Tenby).

Depends what you want really.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Sorry treacle but Pendine is in Carmarthenshire, any way, yes head west to Pembrokeshire, it's where I'm from too. South is in my mind better, but St David's is good too. Any where treacle said sounds good to me, been known to wild camp in the car park in Freshwater West, theres a toilet there, or use to be.
Have fun.

David

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry treacle but Pendine is in Carmarthenshire, any way, yes head west to Pembrokeshire, it's where I'm from too. South is in my mind better, but St David's is good too. Any where treacle said sounds good to me, been known to wild camp in the car park in Freshwater West, theres a toilet there, or use to be.
Have fun.

David

Thanks David. I wasn't sure if it was Pembrokeshire or Carmarthenshire.

Are you from South or North Pembrokeshire?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I seem to recall that Pendine was where the Land Speed Record was recorded many years ago, I also recall having the ability to rent 'land-yachts' there, lots of fun.

Treacle has already given you the best list, Saundersfoot and Tenby being high amongst my favourites. Have a good one ..... Griff
:thumb:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Treacle, I'm a Pembroke Dock boy, by way of Milford Haven. In fact my son still lives in the "Dock" and I have loads of relations and friends in Pembrokeshire.

David.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Treacle, I'm a Pembroke Dock boy, by way of Milford Haven. In fact my son still lives in the "Dock" and I have loads of relations and friends in Pembrokeshire.

David.
Amazing - I am a Dock boy too. Grew up in Front Street and then Cromwell Street. My brother lives in Llanreath :thumb:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
try the north beach in tenby u used to be able to park in the car park there for a small fee .nice walk into tenby .u can park up near the park hotel there is a large car park there where all coaches park in summer cheap to park there and 300 yards into the town and u had a few names of places but i waould like to add ,wisemans bridge lovely veiws.hope this helps .:thumb:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Other visitors....

Wasn't it Pendine Sands that the Top Gear boys visited to test the Jaguar S Type / Chrysler 300C / Vauxhall Monaro?

I know they can do wonders with editing etc but they did manage to make the sands look good. :thumb:

Kevc

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Compact Leisure vehicle
Exp
Since 2011
Had a good weekend at Pembrey Park last weekend, is a CC site. :thumb:
10 minute walk to the beach and on the edge of 520 acre National Park, plenty of cycling and walking to be had, and even a dry ski slope.

Depends what your after from where you stay

Safe travels wherever you end up

Kev

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Treacle, I'm a Pembroke Dock boy, by way of[HI][HI] Milford Haven. [/HI][/HI]In fact my son still lives in the "Dock" and I have loads of relations and friends in Pembrokeshire.

David.

At the head of Milford Haven there is a place called Cresswell Quay !!
The pub there is called The Cressely Arms !!! GO THERE !!!!
It is like going back in time....Beer from the barrel via a jug !!

Fantastic place, and you can park overnight in the road outside !!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back