Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Hello Folks,
We have a long folding table in our Bessacarr, which most of the time is larger than we need for two. I noticed that some of the Autotrail vans have a small table that swings out on a lockable arm. If you have one of these, how do you get on with it? Does it get in the way of using the front seats when they are swiveled to the rear facing position? Are they useful or are they just a gimmick?

Thanks in advance
Les

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Hello Folks,
We have a long folding table in our Bessacarr, which most of the time is larger than we need for two. I noticed that some of the Autotrail vans have a small table that swings out on a lockable arm. If you have one of these, how do you get on with it? Does it get in the way of using the front seats when they are swiveled to the rear facing position? Are they useful or are they just a gimmick?

Thanks in advance
Les

Very useful.
Our Bessacarr E745 (200o) has one, much as you describe.
It is an original fitment as it matches the main table and worktops.
The main large table only comes out to go into the awning when we use it.
Otherwise the swivel jobbie does what it's designed for,
It can be locked in position for travelling either between and behind the front seats, or out of the way to one side.
Speak to Bessacarr or your dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Findlaters

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Thanks John
Can you tell me where the mount is fitted. Is it on the end of the seat or the front?
Cheers
Les :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
If it's like ours there is a clamp on the floor behind the passenger seat. We too use the little table all the time and use the big table only outside. Very handy it is too.

Rgds
Bill

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Thanks John
Can you tell me where the mount is fitted. Is it on the end of the seat or the front?
Cheers
Les :Smile:

End of the N/S back seat at the front (side bench seats), directly behind the passenger cab seat.
When front seats are swivelled it allows four people to use the table due to it having an odd shape.
If I can figure out how to do it, I'll put a pic or two on.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Hope this works.
This is the same model as mine, lifted from elsewhere.
You can see the table bracket goes to the side seat bulkhead end, behind the passengers seat.
The bracket is at table top level, nothing obstructing the floor.

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
John
That's exactly what I was thinking of
Thanks
Les:Smile:

Not the best of pics, Les.
We use ours all the time, the big table only coming out for the awning when we have grandrunts with us.
Email Bessacarr, they should be able to help, or find a caravan breakers.
Cheers

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
We had until recently n Autotrail Cherokee with the half dinette arrangement and the small round boom arm table which was brilliant, never used the big table.
We where only talking yesterday about fitting one to our Rapido which has a large clumsy permenant table, I think Olearys used to sell the boom arms

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, I bought my table / swivel leg etc, from O'learys.
It works a treat for just the 2 of us. All I needed was an extra piece of board fitted to the side of the passenger side bench seat to mount the swivel arm so as to bring it out a bit farther so that the table fitted exactly between both bench seats when needed to eat and then swiveled back across the passenger side seat when driving or walking up and down the vehicle. table top weas 2ft x 2ft square. Also when we make up the bed it swivels over the front pas seat pout of the way.
Terry:sin:

Attachments

• Table & Screen 003.JPG
    Table & Screen 003.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Table & Screen 004.JPG
    Table & Screen 004.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Table & Screen 005.jpg
    Table & Screen 005.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 54
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I've a Bessacarr 582 and the folding table is stored under the lift up bed.

I bought the bracket on fleaBay and found a suitable looking table at my dealer.

In the image it is folded up.

Very handy for casual dining, teas glass of wine etc.

It's in my gallery Broken Link Removed

and here's the bracket...

9299_12.JPG

Last edited:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
The "odd" shape of the swing table in our van is such that wether you sit in either captain's seat or either side bench seat you still have a flat end facing you.
No one has to eat off the table corner, each has a "proper" table position facing them.
Does that make sense?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
This one of the MH designers cock-ups as the large table is far too big and gets in the way so it is difficult to move around the van.

I got a support arm from O'Learys, fastening it to the bulk head behind the drivers seat, and then made my own table top and there is plenty of room for us to eat and it can be swung out of the way when travelling or not eating. I never remove it as i find there is no need to as I off-set the leg so it swings right over the bench seat out of the way.

OP
OP
Findlaters

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Hello Folks
Thanks for the replies and photos. I now have a good idea of what we need. Just need to get the bits together. Looks like O'Learys or Ebay for the leg and have a go at making a table top. I think l may have a go at something like the one John has but I'll knock up some dummy ones first

Cheers
Les

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Hi FindLaters,
Fitted one a few years ago to the van, took advice and used a piece of Chip Board as a Template to get the mounting in the correct place under the table. Trial and error a few times then Bingo transferred it to the Table Top, result a nice clean job. Big table went in the garage for the Kids to get rid of when I 'Pop my Clogs' which gets my own-back for when they left home and I ended up with all their Junk.
Best Regards Mac

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i bought the same bracket as Sidney and have it fitted to the drivers seat box as this seat does not swivel, tried a table top on it (45cmx45cm) and it got in the way i now use a 33cm round beech cutting board as a table top and its alot better and the beech cutting board was a lot cheaper also ,its big enough for the wife to use for her dinner plate and drink and sticking her drink on and the other bits and pieces when sat in the swiveled passenger seat, will stick a photo up later

Last edited:
OP
OP
Findlaters

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Hi Mac
That's the sort of idea I'm thinking of. If I make up some dummies first it will hopefully turn out right. I'm getting the MH back today, hopefully with no more squeaky brakes. Then l'll meas up for the backet. I notice that some of the brackets allow the head to swivel in the horizontal plane and some don't. Which have you used?

Cheers
Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back