Ideas for trip, Biarritz, tour France, Biarritz. (1 Viewer)

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I really don’t know if this is too big a question but I thought I would give it a crack!!

I intend driving up from Seville in July with the intention of doing a 5/6 week tour of France. I just wondered if anybody had an idea of, places that I really should visit, it may be that one of you have already “done” such a tour. I know many of you have toured France but I assume you would have travelled from the UK, round France and back to UK, well I need Biarritz, round France then back to Biarritz.

So if you have time on your hands, perhaps you could help. :Smile::thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The aire at Biarritz is at the south end of the town. I think the street is Rue Milady.
There is a very pleasant beach within 200 yards of the aire.

Have a good trip!:thumb:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Assuming that you want to see something of the real France, then do not miss the lovely Limousin, with its rolling hills, forests and lakes. Stopover at Parc Verger, where we have a special welcome for Funsters, and from where you can visit the martyr village of Oradour sur Glane, and see some of the magnificent chateaux along the route Richard Coeur du Lion.
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we did Biarritz last year on a reverse of what you are looking at. Took a look at both Aires, too busy and packed in for me, there is a nicer looking one, for location at least in the next town south, St Jean de Luz, but the aire is on a bridge in town centre right by the harbour did not use, but looks good for facilities. We found a lovely site I think called Du Bord de Mer, on a small beach with cafe and small shop and free wifi, part of ACSI and I think we paid 15 euros, address is still St Jean de Luz but about 3 miles north. Good if you like quiet (out of season at least we were there in October 12). Great shower block. Have fun
David

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Assuming that you want to see something of the real France, then do not miss the lovely Limousin, with its rolling hills, forests and lakes. Stopover at Parc Verger, where we have a special welcome for Funsters, and from where you can visit the martyr village of Oradour sur Glane, and see some of the magnificent chateaux along the route Richard Coeur du Lion.
Bob
www.parcverger.com

We went to Oradour on our way down, embarassed to say we had never heard of the awful things done, very moving, nice area as already mentioned in the post I have hijacked

David

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
dont miss the gorge du tarn, pont du gar is nice but very commercial a walk thru carcasonne is a nice day, st marie on the camargue camp behind the beach

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
We went to Oradour on our way down, embarassed to say we had never heard of the awful things done, very moving, nice area as already mentioned in the post I have hijacked

David

If you do go to Oradour there is a free Aire at Confolons (not to far away) free water & waste disposal. " minutes walk from the town which is small but worth seeing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back