Piezo (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Our Piezo igniter has failed on our brand new MH cooker (spinflo). Worked fine on the Sat night, Sun morning no spark. Hubby and daughter (both engineers, one combustion ) had a look...nothing obvious. Checked all the usual things. I am not particularly bothered to be honest, lighter and matches are fine. Our dealer reckons he has has about 4 in every 20 fail!! Just interested to find out if this is a common problem.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
My Piezo lighter doesn't work if I turn the habitation power off at the control panel. It catches me out every time. Could this possibly be the cause?

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
My Piezo lighter doesn't work if I turn the habitation power off at the control panel. It catches me out every time. Could this possibly be the cause?

piezo ignition isnt dependent on power but most modern hobs arent piezo, piezo is the older type of igniter that have a definate click in the part you press as it works by hammering a quartz crystal to produce electric current to fire a spark ,think older central heating boilers where you hold one button and ignite with another
electronic ignition needs power to use it and you only hear the spark click on the hob as the part you press is only a switch

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
piezo ignition isnt dependent on power but most modern hobs arent piezo, piezo is the older type of igniter that have a definate click in the part you press as it works by hammering a quartz crystal to produce electric current to fire a spark ,think older central heating boilers where you hold one button and ignite with another
electronic ignition needs power to use it and you only hear the spark click on the hob as the part you press is only a switch

Thanks for the explanation.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back