Near channel tunnel (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Try the Tescos,but speak to the manager first usually ok.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
stop 24 £20 per night for motorhomes, Hythe alongside canal military road, beside sainsbury's store okay and safe. lovely walk into town pub and shops. Marine parade adjacent to coast. dolphin swimming at present
tunnel 10 mins , Dover ferry 25 mins,
Failing the above along the leas by Grand hotel on cliff top Folkestone, if really stuck i could meet and greet .

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I may be wrong, I usually am:Doh:, but I think the £5 is only for cars, M/hs are £20 per night now if we are talking Stop24 at J11.

Yep this is correct, can confirm as I refused to pay it last July and drove off and found a lay by but can't remember exactly where, it was before the water though.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well he is a trucker no one has thought of that, loads of laybys where the lorries stop, we stayed on one on the way down last year but very noisy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
Well travelled ex tugger.
Stayed here a couple of times good food and stopover in carpark http://www.theblackhorse.uk.com/

I stayed a couple of times at this lovely pub.. No charge if you use the pub, even got an extension lead under a wheel barrow if you need hookup (you'll need a13amp adaptor). Toilet but no other facilities if I remember.

Best bit is its less than 20 minutes from the Tunnel.

Dai

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I may be wrong, I usually am:Doh:, but I think the £5 is only for cars, M/hs are £20 per night now if we are talking Stop24 at J11.

Bloody hell !!!
That is nuts .. There is absolutely NOTHING there as even the service area is locked up all night..

We used to stop there but when they started charging did not bother any more.. I should think at £20 a pop the place never sees a MH..

Really great forward thinking that, supporting the shops in the service area by encouraging people to stop and spend..

Oh.. no.. hang on.. I meant the other thing.. really stupid long term thinking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
I stayed a couple of times at this lovely pub.. No charge if you use the pub, even got an extension lead under a wheel barrow if you need hookup (you'll need a13amp adaptor). Toilet but no other facilities if I remember.

Best bit is its less than 20 minutes from the Tunnel.

Dai

Just by way of an update - they now charge £10 for an overnight stay (£16 with hook up) but will discount any food/bar consumption by 10%. The restaurant is predominantly Italian but they also have a varied bar menu. It is advisable to book for an overnight stay. They have shower facilities but no provision to empty toilet cassette.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back